Polaris ACE Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Vendor
182 Posts
In real world engineering you just go way overboard to find your stress points and address them. It doesn't need to be so fancy when you know what works and what don't for an off road car. We don't take the time to calculate gravitational force or anything like that if this is where you're going with this.

There's really no reason for SI or English in these analysis. Like I said, it's just putting a bunch of load on something to find out where it will give first.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I should have worded my question differently haha, I meant to ask about your calculated amount of force that you are applying to the strut (measured in N for SI or PSI if you are using English units), and how you achieved your calculated amount of force.

Also, is there a reason you use SI units instead of English units? I know it's not a big deal, I was just curious of your reasoning!

wut.gif

I can't be the only one thinking it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My brother is a diesel engineer at John Deere. I've learned a trick when he starts babbling in that foreign language that engineers use to make you feel stupid. Keep your eyes focused on him but let your brain go somewhere else, nod and agree in the right places and just wait for it to be over. It's like listening to your wife when she talks about her friends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My brother is a diesel engineer at John Deere. I've learned a trick when he starts babbling in that foreign language that engineers use to make you feel stupid. Keep your eyes focused on him but let your brain go somewhere else, nod and agree in the right places and just wait for it to be over. It's like listening to your wife when she talks about her friends.
Auto-nod works in this case and in meetings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a buddy wanting to get a 570 ace. Can anyone confirm that the 570s for 2016 come with the upgraded struts? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Figured being mine came from a dealership that sells a lot of these I would've got a 2015 leftover with the newer struts..WRONG!!! Just got it last week... Mine was made in December 2014 has old style....

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was just looking at a leftover 2015 570 SP and the tech verified that it had the old strut design so I passed on it. I'm looking for an ACE so I can get into spots that I can't drive into with my 50" Wildcat so I can't afford to take a chance that I may have to pull a badly hobbled machine out of the tight and nasty. Been there and done that and it sucks as I'm sure some of you know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was just looking at a leftover 2015 570 SP and the tech verified that it had the old strut design so I passed on it. I'm looking for an ACE so I can get into spots that I can't drive into with my 50" Wildcat so I can't afford to take a chance that I may have to pull a badly hobbled machine out of the tight and nasty. Been there and done that and it sucks as I'm sure some of you know.
If the price on the left over 2015 is right you can afford to upgrade the struts to the newer struts. I got a leftover 2015 570 SP for about $2,000 less than I would have paid for a 2016, so I can easily afford to upgrade my struts and still come out money ahead.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts