Polaris ACE Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well boys I am back. I bought a new Ace 570 for 6999.00 out the door and started researching the newer struts. Mine has the old and I just bought it today so it is a crap shoot. My other one was low mile when I sold it and it had some time on a SX track but nothing crazy. O well I guess when I order my springs I will order the whole RT front set up. I ride a KTM450SXF but I don't want to worry about my wife breaking down. Plus I won't lie I enjoy taking hers out when she is at work. I follow Jessie online and shes done some crazy stuff in hers without breaking them so I would say they are trail rated for sure. Wife was pleased I got her another one today. I was pleased with the price for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like your mods and am looking to upgrade my front suspension. Which front springs did you use, make manufacture, I will use the walker Evans front shocks that don't come with springs so am curious what you're running. My front end is rattling horribly when I go over bumpy ground after taking some hard hits at speed

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like your mods and am looking to upgrade my front suspension. Which front springs did you use, make manufacture, I will use the walker Evans front shocks that don't come with springs so am curious what you're running. My front end is rattling horribly when I go over bumpy ground after taking some hard hits at speed
What front springs are you running?
I know the question not directed at me, but this is what I have in mine.

As of yet I believe the only other choice for ACE springs would be the suspension kit(full set of 4 springs) made by Bandit Suspension. I have the WE shocks F&R on my 900sp. With the Bandit front 120# springs and WE rears 175# springs made by Eibach. 2" lift and a great ride that soaks up the bumps. Both F&R anti-sways removed from my 900 also.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Are you asking me?

If so we run our own spring kit we have custom made for us. We don;t sell them on our site but we can put together a extremely good custom spring kit for your WE shocks. Just make sure when you order them you get crossover rings installed on the rears when they assemble them since they shocks need to be disassembled to add them later.

Also feel free to PM me for more details on anything else.

Thanks,

·
Registered
186 Posts
ugh!
I had forgot about this...
Just bought my new 2015 570 last week, just looked mine was made June of 2015 and it has the older struts.
Guess my fairly good deal wasn't so good.

Not even going to fool with the Polaris branded, going to start saving for the 3 months it will take to buy the RT replacements.

Frustrated already, I wish I could have swung buying a Wildcat :-(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Relax Grasshopper .....................................the old struts are fine
I've got one of the first 570's to hit the dealers , bought it in aug 2014 , it has well over a 1000 miles of bouncing off New Hampshire granite rocks on it and the struts are just fine .

·
Registered
147 Posts
ugh!
Just bought my new 2015 570 last week, just looked mine was made June of 2015 and it has the older struts.

Not even going to fool with the Polaris branded, going to start saving for the 3 months it will take to buy the RT replacements.

A FEW have broken, I think they are a bit of a weak link, but only a FEW have broken. I think that saving for 3 months to fix something that isn't broken is a bit extreme. I think saving the money is a good idea, but I'd put it aside in case something else breaks, it's gonna suck if, say, the clutch breaks and the ace is sitting in the garage on fancy new struts while you try to save enough again to fix the clutch. In other words "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and if it does break make it better, unless you have the money to build it and replace perfectly good parts, save your money to fix it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a complete updated RT front end...everything, just haven't actually put them in yet. I don't want to get stuck on some of the trails we ride.

·
Registered
552 Posts
ugh!

BillyBlaze, You need to get out there and blaze some trails! I ride my machines as hard as my body will let me and I haven't broke a strut yet. If I do yea I'm gonna be mad but heck I bought this thing and now I'm gonna ride it. It sounds like you have buyers remorse... That goes away once you actually use the thing you spent all your money on......

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Relax Grasshopper .....................................the old struts are fine
I've got one of the first 570's to hit the dealers , bought it in aug 2014 , it has well over a 1000 miles of bouncing off New Hampshire granite rocks on it and the struts are just fine .
Exactly Mustang^^^^^^^^^^....this guy is a real worrywart. He's been talking **** since he bought his and hasn't even rode it much yet. I guess he believes everything that someone writes on the internet.....even when people that have the same machine as he does tells him that much that has been written is either very limited or pure BS, The older struts if used and not abused will hold up just fine....mine have for two years now. and its been on some pretty rough trails. Do they break...yes. Is it a likely occurance?....no Just don't run into things and they will be just fine

Most of the broken struts our members have talked about broke after hitting something very hard and at speeds higher than most trails are designed. so if you are a kamakazie rider you will probably break one

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Exactly the scenario I discussed with Polaris a year ago. Driving around 25mph, nothing terrible ...boom. I had inspected the machine especially looking for metal fatigue on struts thoroughly not a week prior.

Lucky to be alive. strut.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pretty bad.
Your one was the original weaker type, not the later model Polaris strut, right?
I think I have the reinforced one ( hopefully :) ).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jesus!!!
Thats the worst I have seen yet :-(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Exactly the scenario I discussed with Polaris a year ago. Driving around 25mph, nothing terrible ...boom. I had inspected the machine especially looking for metal fatigue on struts thoroughly not a week prior.

Lucky to be alive.
Mungo, is that the "newer" struts???
Glad you are ok, that would have been really bad at full speed

·
Registered
510 Posts
Glad you are all right. Take a picture (with-out the wheel spacer) to your polaris dealer,maybe they will do something for you?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I requested the new struts a year ago out of fear of this happening.

The dealer and Polaris did not want to replace them.

I got banged up pretty bad and won't be able to ride for some time.

I am going to make sure that if someone is killed or disabled because of this, that Polaris does not say they were not aware.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow, guess my safety concerns on these sketchy struts is not just paranoia...... I hope Polaris gets sewed for not recalling these things

Glad your OK Mungo despite been roughed up, how did the rest of the machine fair? also how did you get it back to the parking lot?

Man that really worries me now as I like to go fast in the Ace and dont want to get messed up.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts