Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Polaris ACE 570SP has picked up a very frustrating habit. When riding for a few moments it will stall and the engine light comes on. This has happened 5 times within 15 minutes of riding around in the field. After stalling, I turn the key to off, place my foot on the brake and restart the engine each time without difficulty however within minutes it stalls again. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This ACE has less than 10 hours on it!

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's no good on a machine with only ten hours, I would take it back to the dealer after doing a quick check. But its prob a simple fix like a bad battery or a loose connection on the battery or some where... I would have a good look through the connections and grounds.

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I will begin checking all connections in the morning. I am also going to add "Heat" fuel treatment. It has only been doing it since the cold weather came in. Might be bad gas as well. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check the battery connections first thing in the morning. Might have to check all connections just in case. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same symptom on my 330. The spark plug lead was loose. It would start easily, but the engine vibration when pressing the accelerator would kill the engine.

Solution was to press the spark plug lead boot firmly onto the spark plug.

Hope your solution is this easy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone. I reviewed the manual and put "Heat" fuel treatment in the fuel to remove water. It is sitting in the drive at an idle now. I will let it run for a bit and see if this cleans the injectors and resolves the problem. I am thinking it is bad fuel. I will also check the spark plug connection. Will post updates as they occur.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After adding "Heat" to the fuel thinking it may be bad fuel it ran fine for a bit. I then tested the winch and BAM! Motor cut off. Figuring it was a short I removed the from bumper to be sure the positive contact on the winch wasn't shorting it out. Started fine.... hit the winch and it shut off immediately. Started to take off the accessory lights, began removal of the plastics...... then thought I better check the battery terminals before I go any further. Found the problem. It was a loose positive battery cable! Thank you all for your suggestions and help in finding the problem. I have 5 trips to the trails reserved and I need this to run without issues. I am going to replace the bolt and nut on the positive connection at the battery and also the negative. Hoping I have no further issues. Thanks again all! Love this site!

Update: Just put all back together and tested it over bumps and various speeds. Tested all electronics and lights and winch. No issues or concerns. Come on April when we have our first week on the trails scheduled. Thanks again to all for your help.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
My 2016 Polaris ACE 570SP has picked up a very frustrating habit. When riding for a few moments it will stall and the engine light comes on. This has happened 5 times within 15 minutes of riding around in the field. After stalling, I turn the key to off, place my foot on the brake and restart the engine each time without difficulty however within minutes it stalls again. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This ACE has less than 10 hours on it!
10 hours Take it in and tell them to fix it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ours quit on us on the second ride. Just left the truck and it stopped.
I found the spark plug lead off, was not pressed on good enough.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out and was a simple fix, some Locktight blue goes a long way on machines that like to vibrate and a bit of dielectric grease on all plugs and connectors will keep the water / corrosion out.

Reactions: Vandal
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.