Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced just about every electrical component on my Ace 570. It’s just been having issues for months. Yes I have replaced the Voltage Regulator. The 10A fuse for the ECU, Speedcluster, etc, keeps popping. My multimeter says it’s reading at 12 amps, occasionally it will go down to 8. When I removed the instrument cluster from the harness, the fuse holder read at 0 amps, which led me to believe there was an issue with the cluster. I replaced it however and the problem persists. The engine began to lose power before all of this, so I replaced the fuel pump and fuel line, alone with the spark plug. It would run 100% fine for a few minutes then start backfiring. Now it won’t start at all because of the fuse blowing. So my question is, have any of you had to replace your ECU or had issues like I described. I got it used from some old man who thought he could do everything himself. The ignition went out and instead of spending $20 to replace it, he decided to gerryrig his own switch set up where he hot wired it without the harness, along with it being a 3 prong starter instead of the 5 wires that are in the starter cable. It’s a bit if a nightmare actually dealing with this boomer I just pray it doesn’t have additional issues. I think this might have contributed to the issue. I have replaced the started switch with the correct one It’s getting a little expensive to be keep guessing about what’s wrong and I haven’t been able to ride in months I just want to make sure that the ECU is the real issue before I spend more money on one. It’s just sitting in my drive way looking all sad half disassembled. Please help me fix my baby lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts