Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I ordered a 2 inch lift today from Super ATV for my 2015 570. I have read here some have used a spring compressor and some have not for the install. Do I need to get one? If so do you think an automotive one will work (thinking of loaner one at auto parts store) or will I need a smaller one for motorcycles. Are there any other tips that can be provided before I start on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Have never installed a lift so no help here. Be patient and hopefully someone will give some advice soon. If not try a google search and a YouTube search. Good luck.

·
Read Only
188 Posts
Did ya need that tool to install your 2" SuperATV Lift?
Please let me know as I plan on ordering a lift kit from there as well,.. and I also do not have the tool.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Hey I ordered a 2 inch lift today from Super ATV for my 2015 570. I have read here some have used a spring compressor and some have not for the install. Do I need to get one? If so do you think an automotive one will work (thinking of loaner one at auto parts store) or will I need a smaller one for motorcycles. Are there any other tips that can be provided before I start on this? Thanks!
You don't have to have one, but I HIGHLY recommend it. Its soooo much easier to rent one from NAPA or another auto parts store. You can do the ratchet strap method, (we have an instructional video on youtube), but it always scares the crap out of me. I've done it twice and its a little intimidating when you have to pop that ratchet strap open. My .02, rent the spring compressor. Its cheap and easy. Again, that's just me personally... -Erik the forum guy from SuperATV. :eek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have used the ratchet straps for a few years and had no problems except for a gash in my right hand that required 6 stitches.
That was my fault for being in a hurry.
Just make sure you think things through and keep you hands away from the locking slots on the pivots when you release them.
Or just rent a spring compressor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You don't have to have one, but I HIGHLY recommend it. Its soooo much easier to rent one from NAPA or another auto parts store. You can do the ratchet strap method, (we have an instructional video on youtube), but it always scares the crap out of me. I've done it twice and its a little intimidating when you have to pop that ratchet strap open. My .02, rent the spring compressor. Its cheap and easy. Again, that's just me personally... -Erik the forum guy from SuperATV. :eek:
Erik please post a link to the Polaris Ace SuperATV lift install for folks like me that couldn't find it. I have lots of SuperATV stuff on my Polaris Ranger, Great Products.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
41 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts