Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the overall size of an ace I need overall length (bumper to bumper) width ( at the widest) and height to top of roll cage.

im looking at buying a toy hauler and cant find reliable info

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just measured mine to find out if I could fit it plus a Grizzly sideways in my toy hauler.
The length came out to about an inch under 8 feet (my winch mount and rubber bumper and winch hook were included in that measurement).
Without the winch mount it would probably be 7 feet, 8 inches. I can go measure again if you want an exact one without the winch mount, etc.

The width depends on your wheels/tires.
If you're stock, Polaris claims 48 inches but I found the widest point to be 49" in the rear before I swapped wheels/tires.
Suspension sag may change that number over time or while you are sitting in it.

I measured my ACE for height right after I got it home. I just tracked down my post on the subject and here is what I said then:
"The actual height with the stock wheels/tires of mine is 69.25".
I got this measurement by balancing a yardstick at the highest part of the roll cage and measuring from the ground.
With the poly roof, it's 70.25"."

Keep in mind that while the level height may be that number, the highest point while you drive it up the ramp and before it levels out may be different.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Was wondering why you didn't just bring the ACE with you when checking out haulers and drive it up in there.
But then it occurred to me that it might be the same reason you don't just go measure yours - you don't have one. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was wondering why you didn't just bring the ACE with you when checking out haulers and drive it up in there.
But then it occurred to me that it might be the same reason you don't just go measure yours - you don't have one. :)
correct i dont have an ace yet
i have a line on a great deal on a toy hauler but need to put money down by friday (and im working 14 hr days) thus dont have time to visit a dealer and dont trust what they would tell me if i called

how wide is your toy haulers garage? just courious if standard (i will measure before i buy this one)... im needing to put my wifes griz next to my furture ace and 2 other griz in the thing ( not sure a 12 foot garage will be long enough)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My experience with the RV industry is that the only thing you can count on to be standard and consistent is that nothing is standard or consistent.

My toy hauler's garage is 12 feet long by 7 feet, 9 inches wide.
None of them will be much wider than that because by law a vehicle cannot be more than 8 foot, 6 inches wide on the highways.

Mine has a dedicated garage, no folded up benches along the walls.
However, the side doorway protrudes into that space by an inch, and there are blinds on the windows taking up some of that space, and there are wheel wells (2 inches high but still there) taking up some of that space near the front, and I have some overhead cabinets to watch out for, and there is a little bump where the onboard fuel station gas hose goes under, and there is a little fold-down table that sticks out a few inches.
There is a height restriction too, a bar that goes across supporting the bed frame.

I can fit a Grizzly 700 in there sideways, by driving it in at an angle, and then humping the back end over. It helps if I use a squirt bottle to spray a little water on the rubber floor under the tires first.
Obviously that is a young man's game. Two people is better.

You're not going to fit an ACE and three Grizzlies into a toy hauler unless it has at least a 20 foot garage.

View attachment 1630

1 - 5 of 5 Posts