Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a brand new ACE 570, mainly for our son. The litte machine is a hoot to drive. We brought it home Saturday afternoon, and Junior has already put over 50 miles on it as of Monday morning.

Here's a picture of Junior and his new ride!!

Reactions: cumminsdieselgt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! My son has now put a little over 60 miles on th 570, and I've already had to plug both front tires. He has, literally, ridden so much that he has ridden the air out of the tires!:D Looks like some stouter (sp?) tires may be in store for the little guy.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yeah, the stock tires are pretty weak.
I don't know how much experience you have with off road vehicles in general, so I'll just offer up some quick tire advice if you need it:

Maxxis Bighorn (not the 2.0) is a good all-around tire that seems to be one of the most popular. I use them on my vehicles and like them.
Sedona Rip Saws are very tough and an aggressive tread, and they protect the wheel very well. but they're super heavy and need to be mounted right (yellow circle 180 deg. away from the valve stem).
For people who shred BigHorns due to terrain, Pit Bull tires are recommended.

There are of course many opinions on what tire is best and many factors like the terrain you ride, what ride comfort level you want, how much tire weight you want to have, what size you want to run, etc. This will quickly turn into a wheel/tire thread and go on for several pages if you let it. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the stock tires are pretty weak.
I don't know how much experience you have with off road vehicles in general, so I'll just offer up some quick tire advice if you need it:

Maxxis Bighorn (not the 2.0) is a good all-around tire that seems to be one of the most popular. I use them on my vehicles and like them.
Sedona Rip Saws are very tough and an aggressive tread, and they protect the wheel very well. but they're super heavy and need to be mounted right (yellow circle 180 deg. away from the valve stem).
For people who shred BigHorns due to terrain, Pit Bull tires are recommended.

There are of course many opinions on what tire is best and many factors like the terrain you ride, what ride comfort level you want, how much tire weight you want to have, what size you want to run, etc. This will quickly turn into a wheel/tire thread and go on for several pages if you let it. :)
Thanks for the tire advice. We will probably go with the Maxxis Bighorns after I get tired of plugging tires. I think I'll also throw a little tire sealant in just to help with puncture resistance. Heck, I don't mind plugging the tires as long as he's enjoying himself riding!!:smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What has been puncturing the tires? Nails? Tree branches?
He's been riding a lot in a cut hay field, but there are a few thorny plants and really small but stiff 1/4" tree "stumps" in the thick grass. I think the little cedar stumps have played the largest role in the punctures.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Aren't those little boogers tough? I hate them when I'm trying to walk through a pasture to groundhog hunt. If they don't try to twist puncture your hunting boot, they'll make you twist your ankle. I am going to put some Quad Boss ATV tire sealant in mine for that reason. Got my dealer to order me a gallon of it for all 4 tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aren't those little boogers tough? I hate them when I'm trying to walk through a pasture to groundhog hunt. If they don't try to twist puncture your hunting boot, they'll make you twist your ankle. I am going to put some Quad Boss ATV tire sealant in mine for that reason. Got my dealer to order me a gallon of it for all 4 tires.
Those little stumps will poke right through a normal sneaker, too. I ordered some of the Ride-On ATV tire sealant from Rockymountainatv last night. I know I'll use it in the two fronts that I plugged--1 is holding air fine, the other still has a leak somewhere, but it is not my plug!! :) I may purchase some more later to use in the rears, but they are holding up fine (so far).

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think it depends on the overall tire size. On the 26x9x12 model, they're 1 inch deep.
I think the ones in the picture above are bigger than that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
That is some deep tread! May have to look into those when I replace the originals. I rode Spearhead Trails on Saturday, and was very pleased with the ACE. Drew a crowd whenever I stopped, and even the trail police wanted to know more about it. Great times!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts