12" LED light bar
4 point harness
Specter air filter
Moto MTC tires
Moto m21 bead lock rims

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my 570 yesterday and hope to have it within the week! Leaving my DRZ400 for something I feel safer to ride on all terrain. Can't wait!! Glad to join this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 4x7 trailer so we need a new one. What size is best for hauling two ATV's and a motorcycle (hubby). My friend has an ATV and will most likely be joining us.

·
Registered
420 Posts
so many variables with trailers. what are you towing it with, how many miles would you expect to put on it, are you going to use it for something other that quad hauling, etc. A 7x12 would allow you to load 3 quads from the side.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Also need to know what your hauling capacity is, what weight ATVs, how much the bike weighs, etc. Also what state you are in and their laws for trailering.

For example, let's call it WA state, two full size utility ATVs and a dual sport bike.
The ATVs with all of the fuel, oil, gear etc. weigh 700 lbs each.
The bike weighs 450 with everything included.
So that's 1850 lbs for the stuff being hauled.
A trailer big enough to carry that stuff is going to weigh at least 650 lbs, so your combined weight is now 2500 lbs.
Since it's over 2000 lbs, the trailer is legally required to have brakes in WA state.

What is the rated tow capacity of your vehicle?
Is your tow vehicle wired with a 7-way round plug to power the trailer brakes?

Other states are less specific about the braking requirement.
Utah, for example, just says your vehicle combination has to be able to stop within a certain number of feet.

So we can't really answer your question.
But I will say this: If you've got the bucks, go with an aluminum trailer. They're worth the extra cost.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Vehicle equipment is NOT an item that is covered under the motor vehicle reciprocity act. Even though brakes may not be required in NC, if you pull the trailer to a state that does require them, you can be cited for not meeting that states equipment laws. The ONLY items covered under the reciprocity act are 1) drivers license requirements, 2) vehicle registration & inspection requirements, 3) vehicle insurance requirements. EVERYTHING else is state specific.

Thanks for the info. I'm in NC so no brakes necessary on the trailer.
Will try and find a used 6 or 7 X 12.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts