Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently joined the Ace crew a week and a half ago when I purchased a 2015 Ace 570 in voodoo blue. Its my first polaris and I am really excited to put some miles on this. I am from grove city pa, which is an hour north of Pittsburgh. I wouldnt mind riding with some forum members at some local rides!

I recently purchased some nerf bars and sadly when riding the first time I used them, I realized one fell off. I had a bunch of moments when they were sliding on small trees, or uneven surfaces on ground but I am pretty bummed about it, has this happened to anyone?

Mods so far:
Front and rear bumper by polaris
polaris nerf bars
polaris roof
cree 20" led light
emp windshield

Tons of mods to come and miles to come aswell! Heres a recent photo.
10689741_10152496364836314_9098268808108256540_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the nerf bar. Did you go back and find it?
I haven't seen any other posts about lost nerf bars.

The scariest thing I ever lost on the trail was a Taurus TCP 738. I did not zip my pocket, and about 10 miles out I realized it wasn't in the pocket anymore.
It's definitely not the sort of thing you want to leave lying on the trail. My friend and I left the group and doubled back, intending to reverse our route as well as we could remember it, looking for it.
I was amazingly lucky. We found it less than 1/4 mile back laying there in the dirt right in the middle of the trail. You can't believe how relieved I felt.

The weirdest thing I ever lost was an aluminum skid plate. Those things are bolted on pretty well, and if a bolt or two came loose and it started banging around on the trail, I feel sure that I've have noticed.
But I went to a 2-day poker run, and I'm sure it was on there when I left home, but the 2nd day it was missing. Noticed it when I ramped up to the trailer and tied the ATV down.
The only thing I can think is that someone stole it in the middle of the night - got under it with a ratchet and removed it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dang… Glad I went with the homemade Nerf bars now. In 1996 I rolled my snowmobile (twice), lost lots of parts from it during the roll overs ha ha. Dang 250 yamaha enticer kept running, then some corn cobs caught on fire in the engine compartment (another of the nine lives gone).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We prob did close to 70 miles total so I am not even going to go back and try to find it, it would of fell off in an area with bunch of rocks or trees so it would be hard to find.

I cant even imagine the feeling of loosing a loaded gun, that would be very scary! Glad you found it though. Thats crazy someone would of stole parts at a run, but people are pretty pathetic these days I am always afraid at my hobby related events that are multiple days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts