Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Dealer just delivered my new 2015 Ace 570 a couple of hours ago. Liked these machines since I first saw them, and made the decision last week. Bought a new pretty well equipped model.
Roof, front and rear windshield, LED light bar, winch, nerf bars, front and rear extreme bumpers, Lock n Ride case, door fabric storage bags, fender extensions, alloy rims, and a mirror.
I have the ROPS extension and spare tire carrier on order.
A question: Is that ROPS extension compatible with the extreme rear bumper? If not has anyone modded either to work together?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congrats on the new ACE. I cant answer the question about the compatibility of the Extreme bumper and the ROPS extension. I believe they share the same mounting location. I have looked at my extreme bumper a few times and it doesn't appear that they 2 could be in the same place together. But that's just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats... Post some pics. The dealer told me that the bumper and ROPS extension do NOT work together.
I was told the same but I think it was based mainly off of pictures. Once it arrives I'll see check compatibility and possibly mod, or I'll have a rear bumper to sell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only problem you my have with the ROPS is roofs...Everything else should work...Does it have the new or old style Polaris roof? New style is 2 piece roof...
Yes I anticipate the possibility of cutting a section out of the roof on each side to allow for the mounts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So good news! I got around to installing today and the rear extreme bumper and the ROPS extension DO work together. The ROPS extension mounting bracket and the bumper use the same mount points, but the ROPS extension mount is larger, so that they work together.
I placed the bumper inside the lower ROPS extension, then placed both on the ACEs mount points. Used a couple of the bolts as guides.
Didn't even need another set of hands to do any of it.
Also have the spare tire holder which would install super quickly, if the hex bolts had not been missing.

I will have to modify the roof in some way to make it compatible with the roof. I think that by cutting an access channel on both rear sides of the roof to accommodate the ROPS bars, I might be able to re-position the 2 rear LockNRide connectors.

I'll get some pics up soon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hope to ATV in Nfld one day. You must have some amazing trails. We are fortunate to have some good areas in Ontario but have to try Quebec next. Good riding on your new machine.!! Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope to ATV in Nfld one day. You must have some amazing trails. We are fortunate to have some good areas in Ontario but have to try Quebec next. Good riding on your new machine.!! Tony
Thanks Tony. Except for 2 sections (1 temporary due to bridge problems) you can ride your ATV here right across the island over a period of roughly 6 days, on the T'Railway (the abandoned railway line). There are MANY other trails of course and we don't have the many restrictions that so many places have. Here its just get on and go!
See a nice place to cook or camp, just park and do it!

You might find this link interesting from a T'Railway veteran.
Crossing Newfoundland by ATV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.