Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at 100 miles on my new 570 I've discovered a coolant leak. I would have bet money it was coming from the water pump cover. So polarbear gave me the torque specs and I checked the bolts, they were tight. Although it wasn't leaking near the hose I decided to remove the hose and reconnect just to be sure. Sure enough, the leak must have been leaking on the back side of the hose and instead of running down the hose it ran down the edge of the pump cover. Just wanted to post in case someone else has this issue. image.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. If you look behind the hose, you will see a gold colored nipple(on the 570,not sure about the 320). This is the weep hole for the coolant to run out of when the waterpump seal is worn-out. I have installed a length of clear plastic tubing on mine and ran a loop of it around the coolant hose in your picture and secured the end of it to the skid plate below the engine. If you ride in a lot of mud or dusty conditions,dirt can find its way into this weep hole and over time it can cause wear on the waterpump seals and shaft. Installing the hose over the nipple with a loop in it prevents debris from entering the weep hole but will still allow coolant to run out if the seal fails. I had a waterpump seal fail on my sportsman 800 within 500 miles of purchasing new. After doing this mod, it never leaked again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts