Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a lil post of 2 things on my ace I fixed. First both of the top front strut nuts were loose. Had to remove front plastic to tighten. Second I removed the access panel behind the seat to find a wire that was not tied off and the plastic wire loom had melted off from contact with the exhaust. Luckily the wires were not burnt so I put more wire loom on the wires and zip tied them away from the exhaust. Just something you guys might wanna check.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Good stuff to watch out for.
Have you checked your toe-in, and made sure your front box lid latches are tight? More than a few others had those issues as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't checked the toe-in but the latches are good. After I found the 2 problems I did find I checked it over pretty good. Still might have missed something but I didn't find anything else. Will have to check the toe. Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reached my hand in and felt the washer was loose. I had heard a popping like sound coming from the front end when I was riding through a pretty bumpy field and started checking the front end. No more popping sound after I tightened them.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You can reach the nuts from the wheel wells. The problem is that it's a PITA to get a 10mm wrench on the top post to hold it while you tighten. Maybe impossible if it is off center and too close to the plastic like mine was on one side.
But you should be able to get a wrench on the main nut to check it without removing plastic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine were completely loose. Couldn't get a wrench on them. They were so loose I was lucky they didn't just fall off!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
There's not a lot of room up there, so it does not surprise me at all to learn that people with different ACEs might have different results trying to get a wrench up there. Mine was very slow going, only got about an 1/8th of a turn out of it. That's half of why I decided to disconnect the bottom on the other side instead of the top when I did my lift kit. The other half was I couldn't get a 10mm on the post on the right side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I installed my winch and installed the electronics under the plastic storage area and lift kit at the same time.
Removed the windshield all the pushpins around the dash in and out, the studs and lifted the plastic up the roll cage and slipped some wood blocks between to hold it up,
its not that bad and gives you plenty of room to work from the top like a gentleman, makes things waaaay easier.
20 min-1/2 hr off and 1/2 on even with the brush guard.I have the push pin fork removal tool...worth it
Work from the top in less time then you will be turning the wrench,holding the other wrench,smashing your knuckles, throwing it and cursing
Its also a good idea to back the nuts off and install with red lock tight.Also sprayed all the electrical connections with fluid film.
my2c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts