Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wednesday I am dropping the lil 325 ACE with the new owner. Woo hoo.. (I will tell him about the forums when I see him) It will surely have a good home.

Well, this weekend the wife and I drastically changed our plans. She took Friday off to hang out with me so we drove over to Berkley Springs, WVA and purchased a new Blue 570 ACE. She, being very excited about it and wanting to ride, made a call down to Matewan West Va, and found a room for us to stay in for the weekend. We then headed back to the house, loaded up her new ACE and my Can-Am on the trailer, grabbed our bags, and hit the Hatfield-McCoy trails! (From home - to get the ACE - to the trails it was about a 9 hours)

Best spur of the moment decision in a long time even though we are both beat!

Here are a few pics View attachment 1977

Reactions: fpoole

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, we are having to do that also, but it was a great weekend, something we needed! We are trying to go again soon but this time we would like to stay for 2-3 days of riding. We are running out of summer very quickly!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone iam in S.W.Oregon and just bought my 1st off road toy, a 2015 sportsman Ace voodoo Blue, i put some bigger wheels and tires on it, roof, doors, half front window, i need a rear window now, and a side mirror is on its way. Want to put brush guards on front and rear with a winch so i can put it on either end. I only put 20 miles on it. Picked it up (10/03/14) about 10 of my family members have razrs and off Road quads. I cant wait to take it to to the Oregon Dunes. As we all live in the Mtns. And there are trails everywhere here....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Great choice. I also just bought a new voodoo blue ace 570 and cant wait to try it out at Windrock in a few weeks. Good luck with your new machine. I have also stayed where you did at Matewan. Great folks there

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks scoundrel....I think I've seen you before at the Polaris atv forum

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey guys,

Wednesday I am dropping the lil 325 ACE with the new owner. Woo hoo.. (I will tell him about the forums when I see him) It will surely have a good home.

Well, this weekend the wife and I drastically changed our plans. She took Friday off to hang out with me so we drove over to Berkley Springs, WVA and purchased a new Blue 570 ACE. She, being very excited about it and wanting to ride, made a call down to Matewan West Va, and found a room for us to stay in for the weekend. We then headed back to the house, loaded up her new ACE and my Can-Am on the trailer, grabbed our bags, and hit the Hatfield-McCoy trails! (From home - to get the ACE - to the trails it was about a 9 hours)

Best spur of the moment decision in a long time even though we are both beat!
Awesome and congrats!! Spontaneous is the only way to roll! It keeps us all young at heart! When people start talking plans and times when it comes to free time/play time I run lol! My hubby, daughter, and I all have weekends free and we never plan any of it just roll with whatever we feel like at the moment. The only known factor in the summertime is that Friday night we are heading to the cabin we rent every weekend with our wheelers and fishing boat because we live in an anti-atv town and it's a huge tourist trap so we "run-away" to play our hearts out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What trail system did you guys do at Hatfield? Love that place, traded my Suzuki king quad for a Ace 570 last time I was at Hatfield.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What trail system did you guys do at Hatfield? Love that place, traded my Suzuki king quad for a Ace 570 last time I was at Hatfield.
Since they were in Matewan, I imagine they rode Buffalo Mountain. Trail head about 1/2 mile from where they stayed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, if I remember right it was Buffalo Mt. It was a blast, wifey had a great time breaking in the new machine. This weekend we are headed down to ride the Rock House trail system. It looks like rain so we should be pretty muddy by night time. Anyone else riding the HM trail system this weekend?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Rode Rockhouse last October. It definitely earned its name and your wife will be terribly glad she got an ace for those trails. That trail system is what caused me to leave my 2013 sportsman 500 and buy an ACE. My arms and shoulders were worn out after a 60 mile ride at Rockhouse, so at 62 yrs young I decided it would be a good move to have a machine with a steering wheel and a nice seat...lol

Reactions: fpoole
1 - 15 of 15 Posts