Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I love the Ace but hated the cage (all Polaris factory cages for that matter), so i looked at a few aftermarket options but none really made me think I had to have them. I decided to build my own and it really helps to have a buddy with a fabrication shop and the fact he is an awesome TIG welder doesn't hurt either!. The cage is made out of 1.75" chromoly (.083). I lowered the overall stock height about 3" or so. Here are some pics, I would love to hear your feedback.

Still more work to do. I need to add light tabs and get the XP1K doors attached and get a roof figured out.
Its coming along but looks pretty good so far.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great job!!!!!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I really like the flat look. Makes me want to try it myself. I would have your Bud weld a metal roof on and then paint the entire piece to match the Ace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Finished up the TIG welding tonight. Down to adding tabs for the light bar and backup lights.

Texan, I am actually thinking of doing a smoked lexan roof. If I can't get it to work out right I will probably do an aluminum roof with a vinyl wrap that is color matched to the blue. The cage does have some rake to it. The rear is about 1.5" higher than the front. Everyone that has seen it in person comments on how it makes the Ace look larger. I took a pick of the front stock cage in front of the new one to show the size difference.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Looks good. I really like that flat roll cage on the Ace and never have liked that stupid looking hump that Polaris puts on them.
I like not rubbing my cage on trees when I'm riding in 4x4 ruts.
And I like not smacking my helmet on the roof.
And when I am inside the ACE, I don;t notice what it looks like from the outside.

But I understand that people ride these things in many different types of terrain, and flatter, wider roll cages are great for some kinds of riding.
So I am glad that Polaris made them the way they did, and people who want it differently are free to modify as they see fit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Cage is finally done! Lights are mounted with wires run inside the cage. I will post some pics from my phone a bit later. I decided against fabbing the XP1K doors and ordered the uTV Giant doors instead. I was going to add fender flares but after the discussion of them not doing much to prevent mud in the cab, I thought full doors might be a better option. With the $200 saved on the flares it made the doors much easier to swallow. My 27" zilla's came in today as well, after seeing how good they looked on Abby Ace's machine I had to have a set. I just could not stop looking at the pics Abby posted, they look bad ass! My light and winch switches from OTRATTW should be here tomorrow so I can start putting it all back together.
It won't be ready for this Saturdays ride but next week it should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.