Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACEForums.net is happy to announce a new forum section dedicated specifically to the new 2016 Polaris ACE 900 SP!

·
Registered
15 Posts
ordered a 900 sp a week ago!
dealer told me it will be shipped at the end of september!
could be earlier tho! - i hope so!
can't wait to get it!

play safe!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ordered mine night of announcements, 27th....

Not sure when it'll come in, but can't take delivery until 1st of Sept anyway...
I'm thinking somewhere around that time only cause I, dealer, was able to order right then and there... but that's just a WAG on my part...

Looking forward to it..

·
Registered
344 Posts
What's the difference between the 75hp RZR 900 engine and the 60hp Ace 900 engine ?

Yah, that's the 64K question...
I believe?? not based on anything other than hearsay, that it's just a detuned 75hp and the reason is? not clear.
Apparently, the drive train is the same so that's not the reason.

I'll be standing by to hear why also, I'm sure there is a reason, just not real clear on what it is, or I forgot? which happens..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, and just how it's been "De-Tuned" meaning does it just need a few adjustments to kick'er up to 75 or ???

I'm going to work with the 60hp for awhile, considering body weight/passengers etc, 60hp might just be enough... heheh, well, for a while anyway...

Looking forward to getting into the driver's seat..

fun..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree I'm not going to touch it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. But if I look at the intro commercial of the 900 ACE launching on 2 wheels one more time!!! :fiddy:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I read on this forum somewhere that polaris manufacturer instructed dealers not to let potential customers test drive the 900 ace due to too much "kick". They probably detuned it to save the lives of some throttle junkies like me.... I've only rolled my 570 3 times now. And my buddy's have rolled a couple times as well. But it's like the rzrs and rangers, Same motors but the Rangers always have a little less hp than the rzr. But the ranger isn't a sport racing machine either....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, that was probably me that posted that "Kick"...

That's why I'll wait and see..
I'm not a "Hot shot" and speed is not important as climbing so 60hp with that body config should be ok to start with..
We'll see soon enough...

No hurry to "Kick it up" yet... heheh, not saying I won't, but??

·
Registered
107 Posts
The 900 Ace has the same HP to Weight ratio as a 900s! I'm sure Polaris took this into consideration when tuning this for the general public. Remember the Ace is only 48 inches wide and has a foot and a half shorter wheelbase, safety has to be considered. We all know how quick law suits get started. I'm sure with 62 HP on a machine this light your gonna feel like your driving a Rocket. Judging from the specs this Ace should give most Rzr's a good run for their money up to it's restricted top speed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I must remind myself the 900 ACE is NOT for me I'm buying for the wifey!! KEEP MY BUTT OUT OF HER SEAT!! Please pray for me guys I feel the need for speed>>>>>>>>>>> zoom zoom

1 - 20 of 235 Posts