Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 2890 View attachment 2889 I put a set of Zilla's on the Ace and went for my first ride this past weekend. They are 27x9x12 up front and 27x11x12 rears on SuperATV rims that have a 2.5/4.5 backspace. I think they look pretty good. It rides well and went through everything I put it through. Its still a bit cold to try all the mud holes but hill climbing and creek crossing it did extremely well. I should get the doors, rock sliders and whips installed this week if I get motivated enough!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks Good!! Did you get the lower extensions for the doors?? Mine really keep a lot of mud splatter out of the cab.Where did you get the roll cage ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same tires on mine and love the them. Very light and go through everything I have thrown at them. If you are installing the Polaris nerf bars be sure to tighten them as much as possible, I lost both of mine on 2 rides.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
View attachment 2890 View attachment 2889 I put a set of Zilla's on the Ace and went for my first ride this past weekend. They are 27x9x12 up front and 27x11x12 rears on SuperATV rims that have a 2.5/4.5 backspace. I think they look pretty good. It rides well and went through everything I put it through. Its still a bit cold to try all the mud holes but hill climbing and creek crossing it did extremely well. I should get the doors, rock sliders and whips installed this week if I get motivated enough!

Looks real good luvdamud

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Abby, I think it was your pics that made up my mind to get these tires in the first place! I was all over the map but finally settled on these when I saw how good they looked on your machine.

RMorgan, I have a set of UTV Giant doors that I am putting on. I bought a set of XP1K doors to fab up and make work but after seeing the thread about the fender flares not being that great, I decided to go with the full door and skip the flares for now. I built the cage at my friends fab shop. He builds roll cages for race cars, cages for Rzr's etc. I designed and cut everything and he bent and Tig welded it. It is 4130 chromoly steel (.083 thickness) so it is extremely strong and not much heavier than the stock cage. I like it quite a bit. We are fabbing a lexan roof for it within the next few days. We are going to do clear MR Lexan and then put some window tint on it. We could not find any smoke MR Lexan thicker than 1/8th inch, hence the need for window tint for the roof. If any of you guys know of a place to get thicker smoke tinted lexan, please let me know. I have never dealt with Lexan so I don't have a good "go to" place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts