Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here on and off for a couple years. Couldn't decide between a 570 or a 900. I'm 61, and realized who am I kidding wanting a 900 for my first ever ATV/UTV. So I broke down and got a 2015 570SP. I had to drive to LA from the SF/Bay area to find one (350 miles). It's in fair shape, has a few scratches/fading. The floor board and rocker panel on the left side was a bit crunched - so I "welded" it back together. The dealer said the Walker/Evans shocks on it are an upgrade the PO installed. Is this true? I believe that some of the newer Ace's have them (900XP?). He also threw in some very light weight (aluminum?) bumpers. They don't protect a lot compared to others I've seen, but It had nothing so I figured WTH. Anyway, I'm tickled with it and can't wait to take it for a nice ride!
John

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Loos nice!! enjoy.

Yes the on the 570 those shocks are an upgrade.

The polaris front bumper guard is much bigger providing more coverage. If you will be riding in a heavy tree area it is worth considering.

You already have a half front windshield which is great. You might want to consider the back windshield as well. As a combination it cuts down on the dust coming into the cab.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on the 570. You should be fine with power. I have a 570 and ride with friends that have rzr 900 and 1000’s and I keep up with them just fine. Unless your racing you won’t see much difference anyway. IMO

Reactions: JBeasty

·
Registered
34 Posts
polaris extreme brush guard

If you are looking to ride in thick bush where you need to push through small trees, buy a better bullbar as the extreme brush guard doesnt protect around the lower front of the ACE570, the cheap alloy will break.
I have the extreme brush guard and a winch, and I need to weld on more bars to protect below the polaris extreme brush guard as i have already broke the plastic guards around the winch area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
image of area not protected

20190404_100324 20%.jpg

image of area not protected

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know, I'll re-evaluate my bumper situation when I find out how crazy I want to get. I'm an old fart.
How do you like your MASSFX SAW 26" Tires? Are they also a tad wider too? Are they very heavy. Any perceivable power loss? I've been eyeing them on Amazon/ebay, along with the Wandas and SunF. They're so much cheaper then the name brand tires. And I'm cheap...

·
Registered
8 Posts
No racing here. Just putting around in the woods is my plan.
I am in your age bracket, and bought a brand new 2018 500 for $4000 complete with 1 mile on the odometer and Polaris brush guards front and rear. Plenty satisfied. It meets my financial goals, fits on my 4 x 8 trailer, is light enough to be towed by my Prius, has plenty of power, and is red. There are some things I won't climb when my buddy with a 900 can, but I am no fool. I might be able to make it up those slopes, but have no desire to test limits like I did when I was younger and into fast vehicles and playing the stock and commodities markets.

The only issues I have is that I would like a wider stance to provide added stability on those rare occasions I have to traverse across a slope, and a few more inches of clearance would be nice. I built my own top and rack on the back (from a Harbor Freight Car Top Carrier and 1/2 inch conduit, added lights, a winch, and a few other things. Many of the mounting brackets are custom designed 3-D printed using an Elegoo Mars 3D polymer printer, including a shovel mount for the cage.

The main thing I wanted was a reliable (therefore new) vehicle capable of running the desert around the Colorado River in SoCal for as little as possible. Mostly trail and roads. So the 500 is fine for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I made a custom wider than after market dark lexan top for mine and added a windshield among other things for my 570. I wanted the extra wide top as a shield against both sun and rain. The ACE will get an easy 25mpg where my friends 65hp 900 only gets in the 16mpg range. That makes a huge distance between fill-ups with only a 5 gallon tank. I find the 45hp to be plenty to have a lot of fun and it takes me any place I want to go.

I also have a Rzr 900 trail that I ride most of the time. 88hp with upgrade exhaust. I love it for the extra power and ability to have a rider with me. 16mpg on it is ok because it has a 10 gallon tank. They are completely different machines to drive. The Rzr even has a sharper turning radius. I like the more narrow machines for my sort of riding. Your machine is great but if you want more power - step up to a Rzr. I use my ACE for when I take couples riding. My ACE will do almost 60 with windshield. My Rzr a lot faster but most of my riding is between 15 & 25 mph so 60 mph is more than enough.

Please don't forget to move your voltage regular or clean it after every ride to keep it from burning out. Attached is a picture of my roof with light bar protector. The factory headlights suck.

Polaris Ace 07 800.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whitman, I'm with you - Learned how to go fast and crash in my 20s. Don't feel the need for thrills as much these days. I may go a little wider and taller with tires and wheels (or spacers), but I'm not after more than a couple-few inches.

Billmay, nice work! I'm retired and recently took a welding class at the local community college. I think I may have been older than the instructor... In any case, I'm itchin to fab something for my Ace, just not sure what yet. Maybe something to protect the voltage regulator. Not much area to mount anything in that tight space - in front of the rear tire :think:

·
Registered
62 Posts
5361540A-4DDE-476E-A3A4-DE026DC1F80E.jpeg Same age and 570 has plenty of power. Don’t know if EMP is still making these bumpers, but its the strongest out there. Similar to StrongMade product for other fitments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi JBeasty, im early 50's age wise but you will feel like a 21 year old once you get use to the ACE.
I recoment the MASSFX tyres they are great real improvement on the ones the can with it.
Where we go is rough and tough on tyres so far no flats on them.
also recoment the lift kit as it tightens up the suspension and feels a better drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That bumper look great, how much was it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
cheap roof.jpg

I made a cheap roof out of black Corrugated Plastic Sheet, costs around $5.00 per roof. I made a template out of beer cartons and then attach with cable ties.
This was first one, the second one is wider at the front and goes a bit lower. it towes fine at $120 kph, facing forward.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi J Beasty, sorry yes the tyres are wider than standard bought from USA Ebay, MASSFX SAW 26 ATV UTV Tire Kit 2 Front 26x9-12 Rear 26x11-12 Set of 4 Tires.
they delivered to Australia.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took it out for it's maiden voyage yesterday. Had a blast in the small 4x4 area of Carnegie SVRA. The girl who took my money told me I couldn't take it on the ATV trails however :cussing:. I started to tell her it was 48" wide, and weighed less than 900#. She just shook her head and said something about my Buggy being "encolsed". Not sure what that has to do with anything, all I can think of is it's safer than an ATV. Whatever, I probably won't be going there again. Whitman411, I agree with you about it needing a wider stance. There were a few instances yesterday when I was doing just what you described - traversing across a slope. Felt a little tippy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi J Beasty, sorry yes the tyres are wider than standard bought from USA Ebay, MASSFX SAW 26 ATV UTV Tire Kit 2 Front 26x9-12 Rear 26x11-12 Set of 4 Tires.
they delivered to Australia.
Hey Craig,
Would you say the MassFX tires are taller than the stock Carlisle's? I've been reading in the reviews that they're smaller than the name brand tires of the same type. Also, do you recall if they were significantly heavier - or more importantly, did they rob any of your power?
Thanks, JB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi JB,

Sorry for the late reply.
they are an inch taller and wider than the Carlisle's and heavier as there is alot more material used to make them,

I have no issues on them and still has plenty of power, if anything due to tread i think it has better traction so you dont lose power due to wheel spinning

thanks
Craig.

·
Registered
34 Posts
polaris extreme brush guard

If you are looking to ride in thick bush where you need to push through small trees, buy a better bullbar as the extreme brush guard doesnt protect around the lower front of the ACE570, the cheap alloy will break.
I have the extreme brush guard and a winch, and I need to weld on more bars to protect below the polaris extreme brush guard as i have already broke the plastic guards around the winch area.
ace front bar.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
For anyone who has the extreme brush guard, i used the ACE side bars that came off when the doors were fitted.

A basic fix for the problem of the extreme brush guard being not low enought. it bolts on to the side rails and to the mount under the winch area.
now you can push through small trees no problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts