Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2016 900sp the other day and what a machine so far. My questions would be, what to watch out for mechanically, how to deal with overheating (happened yesterday) and what lift options would people recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
One thing for overheating is to make sure your air filter is blown out clean. Also make sure the radiator is washed out well. Spray from inside to outside and the wash from outside also. I use a hose with a fitting I made to spray from the inside. Not enough room to get a spray nozzle in there. I made a fitting that screws onto the end of a water hose and drilled six small holes on one side. I can ease the water hose in there and wash it out. I’ve seen more overheat with the air filter and radiator stopped up. Should clean both after each ride especially if it’s dusty or muddy.

Reactions: Acquistapacr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello and welcome.
what to watch out for mechanically
I have had my 900sp for a bit over a year. I ride mine pretty aggressively with a combination of trails and open dirt roads. I have had no mechanical issues at all except for my stock secondary clutch went out. Apparently, Polaris made them outta tin-foil and its pretty common for them to fail. Got a replacement from Venon racing and its a HUGE improvement over stock. Reading some of the posts here seems to suggest you either get lucky (like I did) and have no issues or you get a turd with tons of issues. Search threads for voltage regulators going out - seems common.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I signed up just to say congrats, we love ours, not much like it out there and pairs great with dirt bike too!! 900 ace is the funnest 4 wheeled vehicle I have driven, we sold our RZR recently but could never sell the Ace.
Get harness and bigger wheels windshield and dress light, it is a warm little buggy!!!
Enjoy!!
Forget cooling it much, get the over ride switch, bring extra water for cooling vest hat and neck, install usb fans and go fast. Do not wear shorts. It is a quirky hot little thing. You will be glad in winter!!!
With harness it can be used without doors but make sure harness is tight tight, you need to stay in if you roll it. The ace can definitely roll and needs to be driven by somebody responsible and intelligent but to me it’s as fun as anything Polaris has ever made. Ez load too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what she will look like with the High lifter kit. Basically just spring spacers. Gives it the ground clearance it needs.
DFC7F4FE-6A22-446A-ACA0-F56F287C1116.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the DynoJet fan control working on the 900? On the 570, it doesn't matter what you change the fan turn on/off to, it does not vary from stock.
You want the Dynojet Power Vision 3 not the power commander v. The PV3 isnt listed on dynojets site as working with the 900 SP but it works and there are maps available. I have tuned both of mine with them and the custom map adjusts the fan temps, rev, torque and speed limiters and fuel tables. Got to www.fuelmotousa.com and search for the pv3-19-11 that is the one you want. Use coupon code letsride2020 for additional discounts and they offer free shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You want the Dynojet Power Vision 3 not the power commander v. The PV3 isnt listed on dynojets site as working with the 900 SP but it works and there are maps available. I have tuned both of mine with them and the custom map adjusts the fan temps, rev, torque and speed limiters and fuel tables. Got to www.fuelmotousa.com and search for the pv3-19-11 that is the one you want. Use coupon code letsride2020 for additional discounts and they offer free shipping.

I have the PV3, several actually. I contacted DynoJet and they updated it with a second set of fan tables. These work for me and I am able to control the fan now. Previously, it did not work correctly on the Ace 570's. :)

On another machine, which I just put on ethanol, the PV3 quit reading data last night... which would have been nice to have some logs today from climbing up to 12k feet.

I actually tune... a lot. www.jaztuning.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts