Polaris ACE Forum banner

New to this site

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Lonnie Wrights 
#1 · (Edited)
Since I've been poking around this site for about a week now I figured it was time to introduce myself. My name is Lonnie Wrights, I live in Clemmons NC and have been here all my life, I'm 54 years old and have been riding atv's for about 14 years, most of my riding is in West Virginia since it's only a 2 1/2 hour ride. I'm in an atv club called" Triad Trail Blazers Atv & SxS club of North Carolina. My present ride is a 2010 Can Am Outlander Max XT-P 800. Anyway I have never really been into the Utv's but lots of my riding partners are going that way, since Polaris has come out with this new Ace I have been really interested. I like the single seat idea and find it a cool concept. I went today to check one out and fell in love with the machine. Well I tried to work a deal but the first sale guy I talked to got busy and reffered me to another salesman. The Ace they had on the floor had a tire and wheel package, poly roof and the half windshield added on, the tag price said $8495. Not bad, well when they showed me the offer they had worked up the Ace price was $10,645. They wanted my atv plus $7100. I told the guy he was out of his mind and made a counter offer of my atv and $4000. He said no deal, he pretty much told me he did not want my atv and this was all he could do. Well needless to say I did not come home with an Ace but there are a lot of dealers around and I'll still be looking, besides my Can Am is pretty sweet and is a beast on the trails. I am looking forward to all post about how the Ace performs and holds up over time. Keep the info coming and I'll be looking around this site gathering info.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thought I'd post an update on my earlier post. I did an online quote when I originaly started looking so I sent the person an email telling them what went on ( I let my wife read it before sending it and she said it was a very nice way of telling what happened) anyway I have received emails from head of sales and the dealer manager. The manager has stated that he can see no reason the deal I was thinking could not be done and will call me Monday to work this out. I have to say this caught me totally off guard. Things do seem to be looking up. we'll see.

#6 ·
Me and the dealer have going back and forth for a couple of day and this is what they have come up with a final quote. I think I'll go for it.

Sale Price - $7,300.00 ( includes freight and setup)

Tax & DOC - $980.06

Total - $8,280.06

Trade – ($5,600.00)

Payoff - $1,500.00

Balance remaining - $4,180.06

#9 ·
It sure would be nice to take her on the trails first but that ain't gonna happen. I'm a small guy, 5'8" and 160 pounds on a good day. I've been riding and CanAm 800. I'm stepping down in power but the fun factor should go up. I've had the 800 up to 70 mph and it was just plan scary. Gonna sit back and cruise now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.