Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing just how quickly we outgrow some things, like a trailer. Had a new trailer custom built in the spring of 2013 and by Sept of last year we had more toys than we could safely haul on the 6' x 14' trailer. So, back to Big Bubba's in Ogden UT I went and they are now building me another custom trailer, only this time I went 83"/101" x 20'. If we outgrow this one, it will be time to stop buying toys.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Amazing just how quickly we outgrow some things, like a trailer. Had a new trailer custom built in the spring of 2013 and by Sept of last year we had more toys than we could safely haul on the 6' x 14' trailer. So, back to Big Bubba's in Ogden UT I went and they are now building me another custom trailer, only this time I went 83"/101" x 20'. If we outgrow this one, it will be time to stop buying toys.
Would your old trailer fit 2 aces? If so and you still have it, are you selling it? I may be interested.
Thanks,
Drew

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Drew, but it sold within 5 days of the time I put the signs on it. Also, IMO, it was not big enough nor had the GVWR to safely carry 2 Aces.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, we are in Ogden UT and picked up the new trailer today, at the factory. As with my last Big Bubba trailer, I am super pleased with this new and much bigger trailer, custom built to my specs and just what I wanted. That is the awesome thing about Big Bubba, they will build it just like you want, no hesitation or objections. I can side load the Rzr and 3 other machines and still be within legal width or long load 2 Rzrs plus side load a quad. Nice to have a safe and legal trailer again.

View attachment 3050

View attachment 3051

View attachment 3052

View attachment 3053

·
Registered
259 Posts
That really looks nice. I like it. I sure hope you get many trouble-free miles out of it. If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for it? Hopefully you won't outgrow this one.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good. any idea what it weighs?
As you see it, just under 2K

Stubby said:
If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for it?
As you see it, $3500 hooked to my truck ready to roll. There are many unseen items, like all radial tires and other goody's

·
Registered
80 Posts
don't want to be a party pooper here, but are you sure you can side load a rzr and be legal? 102 inches is all that is allowable without a minimum of red flags on the corners and I don't know how much width is allowed at that. im sure a lot of guys do it but you might want to check on the laws in the state your using it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The "legal" width is 102" and guess what, a Rzr 800 is 102" long. My trailer is 101" wide so it will be hard to tell if there is any portion of the Rzr hanging over. Believe me, as a retired LEO, I do NOT want any hassle from the cops, so I stay very legal.....:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sweet, cannot wait to see pictures of it loaded down. So those short sides fold down I'm guessing?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I finally got a trailer that works perfectly for my 2 Polaris ACE's! Its a Silverfox 3 place atv trailer. I can put 2 ACE's in the back and then put 40-50 gallons of water, another 30-40 gallons of fuel and other items on the front it when we bring it along for week long camping trips. This trailer is NEAT, hard to find-locally made in Franklin, Colorado, and is perfect for 2 ACES and carrying extra stuff when we load up our trailer on a separate truck to go on atv camping trips.

All it needs now is a electric brakes and rewire from flat 4 prong plug to round trailer type plug. I'm hoping I don't need to do any welding to install electric brakes. May be cheaper to buy a replacement axle.

8849 - 2015 SIVLER FOX 3 PLACE ATV WEDGE | Rifle Truck and Trailer

3 place atv trailer.jpg

ATV 2 silfer fox trailer.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Texan that's a darn nice trailer you got did you have them do the sides on an angle so the tires could sit in them? great idea if so. also skyliner I believe you can pick up a brake kit at tsc for the 3500 lb axle.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Texan that's a darn nice trailer you got did you have them do the sides on an angle so the tires could sit in them? great idea if so. also skyliner I believe you can pick up a brake kit at tsc for the 3500 lb axle.
Yes, the slant sides allows the full use of the 101" width, without the weight of an additional 18" x 20' of deck, plus allows the lower deck height by keeping the actual deck between the wheels. Also, did you note the 2 - 7' ramps across the front of the deck, standing on edge? Those are for side loading and extra rigidity in the rear bi-fold 6' ramp when we are loading Mommas Jeep.

No Vinny, they are slanted to drive over and not fold. More rigidity in the trailer that way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Texan:
Nice rig. You obviously did a great job spec'ing it and looks like your builder is no stranger to fabbing trailers. Beats the daylights outta my 7x14 Bobcat trailer. With a pair of 6K slippers, the suspension is ... shall we say ... "robust." Your 3.5K's under that length should carry it like a cloud.

Skyliner:
If your axle already has brake flanges, you're good to go. Unless it's measurements (spring pad centers, track width, etc.) are the same as another brand's off-the-shelf replacements, you may be better off having a pair of flanges welded on. If the builder is nearby, perhaps you could get one from them, directly, brakes & drums already installed? Just a thought.

I've had good luck with etrailer.com for prices, product info, & FAQs.

Also, Sky, looking at the wheel placement, I'm curious if you've experienced the thing wagging with a machine or two aboard ... especially if light on the front loading. Two ACEs with their heavy butt-ends that far beyond the axle center-line would seem to need a good amount of front-loading to maintain adequate tongue/hitch weight. 50-gal water + 40-gal gas would add about 660#, plus tanks. The general rule-of-thumb is to have about 10% - 15% of the total trailer weight (tare + payload) on the hitch.

If you do find it tending to wag, it'd be interesting to see if backing the machines on might help move more weight forward. Either way, please keep us posted how that thing pulls. I really like the design, just a bit suspicious of the weight distribution.

·
Registered
80 Posts
skyline trail mix has a good point there on the weight distribution you may have to back them on and see if you get some tongue weight on the hitch. Texan yes I really like the way your trailer is I have been kicking around the idea of buying an rzr 570 if I pull the trigger on it I will be building a trailer like yours. the wife has kinda took over the ace and I get the evil eye when I ride it and put it away dirty.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I load both aces on my new trailer, I'll have at least 500-1000 lbs of fuel,water, and gear on the front section so tail doesn't wag. We atv when we camp for a week at a time and my trailer doesn't have enough capacity for extra water and fuel so this works out perfect for us. If we ATV without the camper, you can bet one ace will be up front so tail doesn't wag.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts