Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new wheels and tires put on, and wow what an improvement over stock. Super happy.

Specs:

12x7 Raceline Scorpion 4+3 offset
26x8 front, 26x10 rear GBC Afterburn tires

View attachment 1256
View attachment 1257

Reactions: cumminsdieselgt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Extra width will make a big difference in stability . When I installed the Pro Comps 26x9x14r and 26x11x14r on my Ace, I could really tell the difference from stock tires. Went from stock width to 52 1/2" in front and 55 1/2" in back. ENJOY!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you notice much difference due to weight? That's why I went with 12" wheels, to try and keep weight down as much as possible. Other than that, your Ace looks good...I like the 14" wheels!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Never really noticed a drop in power with the heavier wheels and tires. The stock tires did spin more on a hard take off, but the Pro Comps really bite great. People who haven"t driven an Ace really don"t know how much low and mid range they have for the size engine. May not set speed records, but I didn't buy it for speed!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that rear is wide...I'm guessing you used spacers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
2 inch spacers, 3 inch offset wheels and 1 inch wider tires, 60 inches wide and this ace will go everywhere and will not give you any feeling of a flip. Needed this for the rough terrain in the hills of Kentucky !

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Never really noticed a drop in power with the heavier wheels and tires. The stock tires did spin more on a hard take off, but the Pro Comps really bite great. People who haven"t driven an Ace really don"t know how much low and mid range they have for the size engine. May not set speed records, but I didn't buy it for speed!!!!!
I am seriously considering replacing my 25x8x12 BigHorns with 26x9x12 BigHorns. I want the extra ground clearance and sidewall bulge to protect the wheels.
I am concerned about losing power though. Can you give me an idea whether that will be an issue?

·
Registered
130 Posts
2 inch spacers, 3 inch offset wheels and 1 inch wider tires, 60 inches wide and this ace will go everywhere and will not give you any feeling of a flip. Needed this for the rough terrain in the hills of Kentucky !
Where in Ky are you? I am south of Hopkinsville, ky. Turkey Bay at LBL is the closest place for me that I really enjoy. We are planning to go this Sunday on Aug 10th. Duane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts