Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting some new wheels and tires in the near future but i have a question about wheel off-set. I'd like to move my wheels out around 1 to 2 inches but not use spacers if it can be done. What kind of wheel off-set would I need to have to get the stance i want. I do not want to go real wide but 1 or 2 inches would work. I'm going to stick with narrow tires but go taller to help with ground clearance. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The ACE comes with either 6" wheels front and rear or 6" on front and 8" on the rear. The size is stamped into the wheel on the face where the valve stem is located. It will say either 12x6.0 AT or 12x8.0 AT.

The fronts are 4+2 offset and the 6" rear wheel on the ACE might have a 4.5+1.5 offset.?? I have never seen an ACE with that wheel but according to another thread that is what it looks like it is. The rears on my 570 and the 327 at my local dealer are 8" with 5+3 offset.

A 6" wheel is approximately 7" wide overall and an 8" wheel is approximately 9" overall.

A common aftermarket wheel size is 12x7 with a 4+3 offset. The 3 is the part of the wheel that is on the outside so that wheel will make your front 1" wider on each side plus/minus whatever the tire bulge difference is.
If you have 6" wheels on the rear it looks like it will make it 1.5" wider each side. If you have the 8" wheels like mine the wheel width should be the same as you are now.

It is difficult to know exactly without having the tire wheel combination mounted up and measure it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the above described 4x3 rims with black diamond xtr tires in standard size. I believe fronts ended up at 51" and back 53.5".

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the above described 4x3 rims with black diamond xtr tires in standard size. I believe fronts ended up at 51" and back 53.5".
Anyway you could post a picture showing it from the front and back. I would appreciate it. I have a picture in my mind of how I want to set it up but just am not sure which would be the best way of going about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in anyone's stock front a Rim & Tires. I'm in the NYC/Long Island Area, just message me. I hit a high rock this weekend, sliced my side wall, then I ruined the rim riding back out of the trail. Machine only has about 200 miles on it and now I need a rim & tire. Tried putting on my buddies spare tire from his Polaris Sportsman, not only was it 14" tall, but the frikkin hub was a different size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't want to buy one from eBay and then find out it doesn't fit. So if anyone had a take off, let me know. I want to go riding in a few weeks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am going to look at some aluminum rims off a 2015 polaris ranger. If they fit I may sell stock rims. I Am sure a spacer will be needed

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got new wheels and tires on. I like em alot but is a tighter fit than expected. Waiting for the 1 inch spacers to get here
Here are some measurements i took: first is stock , second in after new wheels and tires.
ITP Mudlite xl. 26x10x12
Rear hieght- 9. Bottom hitch to 11 3/16
Rear width- 50 1/8 to 50 7/16
Rear tire- 8 1/4 to 9 3/4 layed on ground and thickness measurement.

ITP Mudlite xl 26x9x12
Front hieght- 14 11/16 fairlead to 15 5/8
Front width- 48 5/8 to 50 1/4
Front tire- 7 3/8 to 9. Layed on ground and thickness measurement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts