Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I like it, wish I didn't spend the $400 on a Polaris winch.
Most of that was probably the winch itself. So you could use your Polaris winch with this mounting kit and only be out a hundred and some change for the rest of the Polaris kit.
And you could probably sell the plastic Polaris fascia to someone who broke theirs. Polaris wants like $200 for that piece of plastic.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the efi mount and if i can mount it with my polaris extreme brush guard i will be ordering one asap. I just couldn't see buying the polaris 2500 kit for 399.00 since i have my 2500 lb warn from my old machine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really like the way the KFI looks. I see one of those in my future when I get around to ordering a winch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
installed kfi winch mount today

received my kfi winch mount today and am very pleased this is a quality product and fit my ace like a glove. at first i didn't think it was going to work with my polaris extreme brush guard; but then remembered i had a plate that came with the brush guard and low and behold it is the plate needed to attach the bumper to the winch mounting plate. this plate is needed to make everything come together. this set up no oly looks great; but is much stronger than the polaris winch kits plastic facia and looks to be almost bullet proof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
received my kfi winch mount today and am very pleased this is a quality product and fit my ace like a glove. at first i didn't think it was going to work with my polaris extreme brush guard; but then remembered i had a plate that came with the brush guard and low and behold it is the plate needed to attach the bumper to the winch mounting plate. this plate is needed to make everything come together. this set up no oly looks great; but is much stronger than the polaris winch kits plastic facia and looks to be almost bullet proof.
Do you have pictures? would love to see it with the bumper.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I can't wait to get my hands on this for the new 570 I don't have yet.

I think that flashing will probably bend easier than the EMP mount.
But on the plus side, it will probably not bend the tabs on the frame and crunch the radiator when that does happen.

I can probably buy replacement flashing from KFI for less than the whole kit, too, if needed.
But even if I had to buy a whole new kit, I'd rather replace a $99 kit that acted as a crumple zone than a $450 radiator that was damaged because the winch mount was too stiff and crunched it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The "bumper" included with the KFI winch mount kit is a very durable pc. it is steel and far more than "flashing"
it's approx. .100 thick thats close to 1/8th inch and is stout .

Here's a head on shot of the KFI winch mount with the pure polaris extreme brush guard

the guard mounts to the bracket that goes between the fairlead and bumper . I had to get longer allen heads from the hardware store (metric m8's x 1.25 thread)and use 1/2 inch spacers between the mount bracket and the brush guard .

here's a sideview of the bracket (included in the box with the polaris guard)

I am very pleased with the KFI winch mount kit .......................

1 - 20 of 52 Posts