Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've been watching the forum for a while. I've been riding an ATV, but now I think I'm getting ready to buy an ACE and have a couple of questions. Does anyone use the front brush guard from EMP? I like that a winch can be mounted on it and the winch will be up higher than normal, but it may not protect the lights as well as the Polaris brand. Also has anyone replaced their seatbelts with the dragonfire (or similar) harness? How much trouble was it?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Keep up the good work.

Bruce

·
Registered
85 Posts
I cant speak for the front brush guard as I have the Polaris brand on mine but I did go with a .50 Cal 4 point harness over the seatbelt. not a ton of driving time behind the wheel yet but I see 2 things so far. Compared to the stock belt it is much more restrictive and a tad difficult to counter weight yourself when on the trail. Very secure but you have to be sure to utilize different approach lines so your not too off camber and roll over. The other side of that is I love how safe I feel with the harness as opposed to the stock belt. my second ride on my 570 and I made it about 1/2 mile when I got sucked into a snowbank. the seatbelt didn't hold me to secure and I got some bashed ribs because of it. Now with the harness I feel much more confident in my security

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hello everyone. I've been watching the forum for a while. I've been riding an ATV, but now I think I'm getting ready to buy an ACE and have a couple of questions. Does anyone use the front brush guard from EMP? I like that a winch can be mounted on it and the winch will be up higher than normal, but it may not protect the lights as well as the Polaris brand. Also has anyone replaced their seatbelts with the dragonfire (or similar) harness? How much trouble was it?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Keep up the good work.

Bruce
Bruce......please don't hang that butt ugly emp bumper on any Ace. Put the winch down low where it belongs . That emp winch mount is so high it might be enough weight to turn you over backwards if you are climbing something really steep where the winch with the Polaris just might save your azz by having that winch weight low in the chassis, as Polaris designed it Just my opinion Good luck and welcome to the forum

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
218 Posts
It looks to be far superior to the piss poor excuse polaris has .
Frame mounted top and bottom with protection underneath too !
unlike self tapping bolts screwed into thin radiator support...................................

more pics on their website

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would tend to side with Vandal here a bit. While not an extremely heavy unit having the lowest possible COG will only help you in a vehicle that does not allow you to distribute your weight around like a typical wheeler. With the weight of the bumper and the winch so high I would be curious where your tipping point is as opposed to the factory bumper and winch mount. While it may not be a huge difference it may be just enough to allow you to hit that off camber spot better or the really steep hill you want to climb. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Agreed, the only reason the ACE is not a tippy machine is the low center of gravity. Offset that, and you have the stability of a first-generation Rhino.

·
Registered
218 Posts
yeah but a 100 lbs of crap (roofs light bars gas cans fire extingishers etc etc )bolted way up high on the roll cage is okie dokie . SMH

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yeah but a 100 lbs of crap (roofs light bars gas cans fire extingishers etc etc )bolted way up high on the roll cage is okie dokie . SMH
No that's not okie dokie either Mustang. Anything mounted high up on the chassis is going to change the COG. but the weight of a winch usually far out does the weight of other accessories, so to me the winch is the most important accessory to keep LOW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hadn't thought about raising the center of gravity, but I was concerned about how much it would add to the overall length. Thanks for the input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts