Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I picked up the Ace for the wife the dealer gave me the standard Polaris cheapo mirror. Well the wife hates it. What mirror and where you guys buying them at. So far all the advice you guys gave has been great.

·
Registered
259 Posts
A lot of personal preference as well as riding style is going to go into her decision. I have a large pair of mirrors low mounted outside the cage on each side. I like them, however when riding in close brush and limbs, they fold back when they get hit. It's not a major problem to readjust, but something to keep in mind. Other members will have to chime in on what they have and like or dislike. Keep in mind, there are a lot of mirrors made for different applications that are less expensive than mirrors made for the Ace. For instance, take a look at mirrors made for golf carts. Might find one she likes there. Hope this will get you started.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A lot of personal preference as well as riding style is going to go into her decision. I have a large pair of mirrors low mounted outside the cage on each side. I like them, however when riding in close brush and limbs, they fold back when they get hit. It's not a major problem to readjust, but something to keep in mind. Other members will have to chime in on what they have and like or dislike. Keep in mind, there are a lot of mirrors made for different applications that are less expensive than mirrors made for the Ace. For instance, take a look at mirrors made for golf carts. Might find one she likes there. Hope this will get you started.

Tattoo.....look in the sportsman guide website. My son got me a set of Kolpin mirrors one center mounted and one for each side and I think they were only around 45.00 for all of them. I like them Take a look The outside mirrors also fold in if need be

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tattoo, definitely a personal decision. Center mirror didn't work for me (I didn't really need to look myself in the face!) Left side high on the cage works for good view and minimal brush contact. I suggest you take the mirror that you have and move it around while she sits in the ACE to determine what works for her.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Polaris kind of dropped the ball on that one. A centered mirror with a single seat also in the middle just does not work well.

I made a custom mirror setup. I was worried about the mirrors getting smacked by trees and stuff.
My setup is kind of a frankenmirror thing, put together with motorcycle bar end mirrors from Amazon and conduit brackets from Home Depot.
They're not incredibly classy - but they are small, unobtrusive, fairly functional, and cheap. It's about $15 for the parts to make a pair of these.
Note: A strip of rubber between the clamp and the roll bar protects the bar and helps the clamp stay put.

View attachment 3030
View attachment 3031
View attachment 3032
View attachment 3033

1 - 6 of 6 Posts