Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My 2015 ACE 570 will start at idle but has no response to the throttle at all.

I had to adjust the throttle cable adjuster all the way in just to get it to idle, if i adjust it out the idle will increase but then eventually stall and throw a 520194-7 code and then not start again until i take the adjuster all the way in. Also i can "rev" the motor simply by moving the throttle cable, is this normal?

i had originally thought that the TPS was gone as the orignal symptoms were slow down and backfiring. I assume that i will still need to replace the TPS (unless someone has a quick way to test it without the diag tool).

Any thoughts and advice ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
TPs might be still ok but the wires to main loom from it might be damaged they can look fine but they are shorted inside the insulation. Also if the battery is down in charge/old/out of water etc the ace in general starts to do weird electrical stuff..............Here is a cut n paste from some other threads that may or may not help you find the problem..

"If your ace is a 2015 model or newer 325 or 570, there is a switch on the throttle pedal assembly called the throttle release switch. It is a safety feature that kills the throttle in case the throttle cable sticks or there is an issue with the throttle plate sticking. The switch is attached with 2 screws to the upper part of the throttle pedal and there is a "blade like" section of the throttle pedal assembly that passes through the centre of it. There are 2 wires going to this sensor with a connector located near the throttle pedal. Disconnect this connector, With the throttle at rest, the sensor should have 2.15 kilo ohms +or- 5% resistance between the two terminals of the sensor connector and with the throttle fully depressed, these readings should be 6.8 kilo ohms + or - 5%. Ensure that the sensor mounting is tight and that the "blade" section of the throttle pedal is "centered" in the sensor. The sensor mounting holes are slotted to allow adjustment to center it. If you do not get proper readings,the sensor is bad. Check your throttle cable for sticking and ensure that the throttle plate opens and closes smoothly with throttle pedal operation. The ecm monitors throttle plate position and throttle pedal position with the TPS sensors on the throttle plate shaft and the throttle pedal assembly, if these sensor reading are out of range of each other, I believe the ecm shuts down the engine as a safety measure in case of a stuck throttle. Worth a shot to check it out,hope this helps! "

1 - 2 of 2 Posts