Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 570 out on trails in West Va again. And it runs great and climbs like a goat. Real fun to drive.
There is a major issue with cab heat that I can't believe everyone is not complaining about. This machine is a real crotch cooker. To me there is a major engineering error in not venting the radiator heat. The firewall get hot and transfers the heat into the cab.
I plan to install heat insulation to the front of the firewall but has anyone come up with a real fix to excavate the heat from the plastic box the fan pumps the heat into?
My fan runs almost constantly and the steering wheel even gets warm. What purpose does the plastic box serve? Can anyone think of a reason not to make some 2" holes in the box to let the heat out. Other than heat insulation what are you guys doing?
Hey, Polaris are you listening? What's your fix?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You might get more responses if your thread has a subject that indicates what you are posting about.

What is the ambient temperature in the area you are riding?
What does the temp gauge on the cluster say your machine is running at?
Have you splashed through any deep mud puddles or gone bogging - is your radiator clogged?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ambient temp. 70 - 75F.
Engine temp. 190 - 200F.
Clean radiator.
I believe it to be a poor design.

2015 Ace 570
2013 RZR 800 LE
2009 Sportsman 550
2007 Sportsman 500 HO

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah I think every model could use some help with the heat issues. The exhaust on the scrambler runs on the right side and will torch your leg if you try and hug the center. I am going to pull it and take it in for ceramic coating at some point as that will help a lot. Fortunately there is a great place that doesn't that 10-15 miles from me so I don't have to deal with shipping. I may do the same with the Ace, won't help in the radiator area but will behind the seat. I was thinking of lizard skin or similar spray on product for the front as I was going to get some for the floor of a truck I am building.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts