Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing real spectacular, but some fun trails in Northern Michigan. Left out the snow and sleet. A couple big burns (biggest at 3:17) at least they felt huge in real life. just trying to stretch out the summer/fall. I was pleasantly surprised at how dry the inside of the Ace was. Plus the radiator heat helped take the chill off a little. (except for the sleet in the face) My friend in the quad was ready to quit way before I was because he was so cold and soaked.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice, looks like "Dirt Dunes", sand dunes with trail all over the place... fun...
thanks...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leota trailhead, I should have sent you an invite. Northern Central Michigan, North of Harrison. If you haven't been on them they are awesome, 100's of miles (including seasonal roads) and they connect to a snowmobile trail that runs almost to the mac bridge. In college we would spend the first half of the day riding aimlessly and the 2nd half of the day trying to find our way back. Never even had a compass. I was so proud of myself, we did the same thing on Saturday after about 16-18yrs off and I still found the way back.

Hey Vinny --

What trail system are you riding here?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Leota trailhead, I should have sent you an invite. Northern Central Michigan, North of Harrison. If you haven't been on them they are awesome, 100's of miles (including seasonal roads) and they connect to a snowmobile trail that runs almost to the mac bridge. In college we would spend the first half of the day riding aimlessly and the 2nd half of the day trying to find our way back. Never even had a compass. I was so proud of myself, we did the same thing on Saturday after about 16-18yrs off and I still found the way back.
Im very familiar with Leota! Love that area. In fact -- I just bought a cabin in St Helen a few months ago that is somewhat in that area.. Like you said, TONS of trails throughout these areas. Funny that you mention the Mackinaw Bridge because there is a group planning a ride from St Helen to The Mackinaw Bridge including a ride across the bridge. They are anticipating over 2000 atv riders Oct 2015 -- Suppose to open registration any time now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here is what happened last time out -- with no winch, riding alone, and about 1.5 miles from the trailhead. I had to call my wife and have her ride in the rain and cold to come rescue me with her ATV -- OOPs! I Have since installed my winch, and wont go alone without a tow strap. Lessen learned.

stuck.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts