Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone made a Odyssey 925L fit in there Ace. If so was it a straight drop in and move bracket higher with no hacking. Also has anyone tried these Lightning start batteries the have a supposed 600 cca? It has good reviews but i am not a fan of china batteries and there quality. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed the Odyssey PC925 (NON L model) a few days ago.
Fits snuggly on it's side, with the terminals facing leftward.
Even got the metal strap attached.

It's easier to get the NON-L model installed as the original positive and negative wires can reach the new battery terminals, positive on the left, negative on the right. THe "L" model has those reversed, and it would be a pain to get the wires to reach the correct terminals.

Here's my detailed install and with charging wires too...cuz you NEVER want to have to access the battery compartment again!

http://www.aceforums.net/forum/13-a...ll-larger-battery-such-odyssey-pc925-agm.html

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
How big a pain is it to get to the battery compartment?
Any issues with running the battery on its side? Leaks? Vibrations?

·
Registered
41 Posts
How big a pain is it to get to the battery compartment?
Any issues with running the battery on its side? Leaks? Vibrations?
http://www.aceforums.net/forum/13-a...ll-larger-battery-such-odyssey-pc925-agm.html

Read my "How TO" with the many pics and you'll see the bolts and pop-rivets that have to be removed.
It's the most stupid design ever, so you definitely want to get the best battery you can so you'll hopefully never have to access it again....or at least for a long long time. The Odyssey is rated at 3-10 yrs of service life.

I was afraid they might be one use type rivets, but it turned out they weren't. Plus I wanted to be very careful so I didn't scratch the heck out of the plastic getting them out, and all went well. It took about 15-20 mins to remove the bolts etc, but it will go quicker next time, as we know how to do it now.

Some of the many selling points for AGM batteries is they can be placed in ANY orientation, can handle significant vibrations, have an extremely SLOW discharge rate, they don't leak..and there's no maintenance...they're completely sealed. Mfgs of AGMs specifically point out they can placed in any orientation, and that they can handle vibrations like 10x better that a SLA, so it's not a risky thing at all.

Here's my OEM battery from a approx 6 month old machine....look how low the water level is! I'd have to have serviced that thing weekly!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big THANKS Ace kat! This helps out! Yea I noticed with the maintainer on all my batteries water filled acid batteries that is, water levels drop fast. They also cant hold up to the shaking and vibration for very long. I will look into the Odyssey. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts