Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the access cover behind the seat and discovered this leak. It is coming from the hose that comes out of the top of the motor and goes up into something and then looks like it goes into the airbox (sorry, I'm not much of a mechanic). Guess its time to take it to the dealer. 30 hours.

Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Wheel Automotive tire
Auto part

·
Registered
420 Posts
most likely part of the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation) system. it vents the crankcase back to the intake to burn off oil fumes and such. there should be a PCV check valve that keeps the crankcase from sucking air out of the intake. not unusual to find leaks in this system on most vehicles in my experience. This is also why you will find oil residue in many intake systems...its designed it suck it right out of the crankcase for emissions.
In high compression hotrods most will vent to atmosphere or into the exhaust to avoid getting oil into the combustion chamber as it makes hot spots and can burn pistons easily and since it contaminates your air/fuel mixture.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 70cyclone. I think you are right. I was looking some more and there is a little bit of oil blowing into the airbox where this hose goes. I checked the oil and it is just above the add line on the dipstick. I don't know how much that equates to. I guess we will see what the dealer has to say. Maybe they will replace my warped front storage lid while they are at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks like mine with the oil on hose & top of the motor. What was the cause ,fix & prevention. If anybody has the answer please reply.Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts