Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't be a dick.
If you're a dick, I'm going to delete your stuff.
If you respond to me deleting your stuff by making public announcements about how terrible the moderation is on this forum, or if you jump on my back personally in a private message, you're going to get a vacation from the forum.
The more times you do it, the longer your vacations are going to get.

Seriously, how hard can it be to just be nice to each other, and if there's something posted that doesn't meet your narrow approval, just keep your damn mouth shut instead of posting ugly things for all to see?

The forum is not public land. It's a private business. You are a guest here. Act accordingly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Years ago, I spent a lot of time on a musicians' forum. It was poorly moderated, and it devolved into religious fights, open accusations of pedophilia, and a constant stream of personal attacks of all types.

I have not been back in four years. It really was that bad!

I have not seen anyone around here being a dick. I know it happens, so...

THANK YOU MODERATOR!

Matt B

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks Scoundrel for saying this so succinctly. The anonymity of the internet somehow causes people to type things that they would not say face to face to someone else. At least not to someone that they would want to maintain a friendship with. We all participate in this forum for the common good as Ace aficionados. If we all only type what we would say to a friend face to face, all our forum experiences will be much more pleasurable.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Scoundrel, I noticed you deleted your inflammatory post that preceded my deleted post and now you are telling US not to be a dick. How convenient.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scoundrel, I noticed you deleted your inflammatory post that preceded my deleted post and now you are telling US not to be a dick. How convenient.
I issued you a mandatory vacation for that. But I'm changing my mind now and undoing that.
I'm giving you a chance, since you're not one of the few who has repeatedly gotten under my skin.

What you just said was a trap. There was no way to avoid criticism with that.
If I had not deleted my own post when I cleaned up that thread, I would have been accused of saying dickish things but deleting other people's dickish posts.

Every once in a while, when certain forum members push my buttons too much, it damages my calm. I am human.
But except in those rare circumstance, I try to be positive as much as possible. Unlike the people who sometimes provoke that reaction from me.

I see it this way: When I cleaned up that thread, I was deleting ALL of the negative crap, including my own.
I was acknowledging that what I said in that post was negative and unhelpful, and trying to make it right.

By the way, arguing with the referee is a bad idea. I'm getting tired of explaining/justifying my actions, and given the number of people who have expressed support and feel that I am doing a great job, I am pretty much done feeling like I have to.

Now please let it go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts