Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordering my 570 SP in 2 weeks. Need more opinions!

OK so i'm fixin to order my 570SP, but I have some questions to the community about accessories.

1. If i'm doing just standard trail riding (Brown's Camp for example for the Oregon folks) how often do those of you that have them (or wish had them) actually need to use the winch?

2. I plan to do a lot of big puddle and mud splashing and wondering if the full windshield will just become a nuisance.

Any feedback is welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you like mud and big puddles I would not get the windshield as it just gets covered and you can't see anything. It is a lot easier to wipe your visor or goggles when you are on the go than to stop get out and clean your windshield.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
A winch is the ONE tool that I will never be without. You may not use it but one time in a year, but the one time may be the one that saves your, or someone else's, life.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with both The Texan and Abby Ace. I ride the trail in West Virginia and use my winch every ride. Either for someone in our group or a stuck rider we run into.
My buddy just put a full windshield on his new 900SP and hates it. He has can't see through the mud splash. He's going to the half shield like I have on my 570 Ace and RZR 800LE.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I like having a full windshield because although it is less convenient to have to get out and use the squirt bottle and squeegee occasionally, I prefer to keep my clothes and face cleaner, and I HATE HATE HATE water and mud trickling down from my collar line. I understand the windshield creates a lot of inconvenience when it's not being AWESOME, and that's why I modified mine, turning it into a flip-up windshield - so I can get it out of the way when we turn into the sun and I have droplets all over it. I try to avoid splashing down into mud puddles too hard, and that helps keep the shield clean. Maybe the splashing is fun for other people, but I get my fun in other ways.

The winch is one of those things that most people feel a machine should not leave the garage without - just like you wouldn't want a starship to leave spacedock without a tractor beam.
I end up using mine to pull other people out more than myself, and it does not get used often - but when I do need it, it's there.
If you ALWAYS ride with people who have winches or at least tow ropes, and you don't mind being the guy who depends on the others for help, it's not 100% strictly necessary.

I suppose you could get a cheap Badlands winch from Harbor Freight, but that would violate one of my rules: Never buy anything from Harbor Freight that my life might depend on.

View attachment 2891 View attachment 2893

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome advice guys thanks!
And Scoundrel I couldn't agree more. I go even a step further. I never buy anything from harbor freight.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Reactions: Abby Ace

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the half windshields. I have used my winch mostly for rescuing other people and operating my plow.

If you don't buy a Warn I don't think they will let you live in Oregon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts