Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently found out about the ACE and really like to concept as I have been looking to get the girlfriend a machine. No one in my area has one in a showroom and every time they do they sell it before I can go look at one. The only possible issue I may have is I have a enclosed snowmobile trailer that I would have to use to haul it. The door on my trailer is 67 1/4". I see on the Polaris web site the height of the unit is 68". Does anyone with one of these know if 68" is the true measurement or they may have rounded up? And I also wasn't sure with the shape of the top of the roll cage and the ramp going into the trailer if it maybe able to squeeze in.

Any info or advice would be appreciated so when one of the dealers get one in I know how quick to get there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dang that's close! You could air down the tires or ratchet strap the suspension down enough to get it in and out. Once people start making aftermarket cages that will also help get the overall height down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good question and one I've been wondering about. I suppose the only way to get the answer will be to take your trailer to the dealer and see if ACE will go in. If your trailer is like mine, once inside there's an additional 4-5 inches of height so I think with the ramp's angle it should fit. The only way to know for sure is to test drive ACE up into your trailer.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah the angle of your ramp can help it fit depending on where the peak of the cage is and the relationship of that with the opening of your trailer and the rear tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely need trailer there to ck. As many situations your ramp will be at different angles. Letting air out is just a pain in butt. To load and unload.every time.imho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I got a call today from a local dealer and they got one in today. However with my work schedule I wont be able to get there until Thursday morning...if they still have it then. Once I find something out I will be sure to let y'all know.

Thanks again

·
Registered
130 Posts
I fly a powered parachute,(ppc) and hauling in an enclosed trailer is a challenge to find. The ppc has a propellers with a 'prop' cage. I had a 8.5x24 car hauler trailer, huge and heavy. I now have a 18ft RPM toyhauler. I had to remove the drop down bed. What I learned: the door height did not match the inside height. For me I can raise front wheel to clear the prop cage. Now that I confused you.... the point is, measure the wheel base and the height. Because the trailer has a ramp, geometry comes into play, sitting flat on ground the aces height may be in that inch or two of fit. As it rolls up the ramp and onto the floor, the true ace height may or may not be a factor. Letting air out of the tires on the ramp may drop a few inches of height. Get a good small air compressor. The 12 volt kind will be painfully slow to fill 4 tires..... good luck and hope this ramble helps. Duane

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The actual height with the stock wheels/tires of mine is 69.25".
I got this measurement by balancing a yardstick at the highest part of the roll cage and measuring from the ground.
With the poly roof, it's 70.25".

You could take it to a fab shop and have the chop the cage, and easily save 5-6", if you're a short person and not too worried about head room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The actual height with the stock wheels/tires of mine is 69.25".
I got this measurement by balancing a yardstick at the highest part of the roll cage and measuring from the ground.
With the poly roof, it's 70.25".

You could take it to a fab shop and have the chop the cage, and easily save 5-6", if you're a short person and not too worried about head room.
I went to my local dealership and looked at one in person this morning and your measurements are dead on, thanks for the info! The dealership said they did get one into a enclosed trailer with the same door height as mine but had to deflate the tires. I'm not too keen on having to mess with taking air out and putting air in every time I want to haul it. So I got a call into a guy I know with a fab shop to get his thoughts then i'll make a decision from there.

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would take your trailer down and try it. Any slight differences between your trailer and the other one would make a difference. Set ACE's tires to the tire pressure you would run. You never know, maybe they didn't measure well or someone miss spoke or was a dumb azz. It happens.

It may fit in yours. It's worth it to double check and make sure. Couldn't hurt.

You only need a couple of inches. Since ACE's rear tires are behind the apex of the roll cage, they should still be on the ramp and thus lower as the height of the roll cage goes under your door frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would take your trailer down and try it. Any slight differences between your trailer and the other one would make a difference. Set ACE's tires to the tire pressure you would run. You never know, maybe they didn't measure well or someone miss spoke or was a dumb azz. It happens.

It may fit in yours. It's worth it to double check and make sure. Couldn't hurt.

You only need a couple of inches. Since ACE's rear tires are behind the apex of the roll cage, they should still be on the ramp and thus lower as the height of the roll cage goes under your door frame.
I mentioned it to the dealer about if I bring my trailer down if we could try getting it in too see what it would look like on my trailer personally. They said the only way they would do that is if I put a deposit down on the machine so if anything happened to it they could use the deposit for repairs. I can kind of understand where they were coming from but in the same aspect I was not going to put $300 down on a unit to see if it would fit in my trailer. I will wait for one of the other local dealers get one in who I know is easier to work with with and take my business there.

In the mean time it will give me some time to explore some other options modifications I could do to fit it in the trailer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ain't that some crap! The dealer himself could put it in low and creep it up on while you watched. WTH.

Personally, I wouldn't mod the trailer until you know for sure, which is likely your plan. My bet is the ACE will fit.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I used a long hinge and cutoff wheel plus rivets to cut a flip up slot in my trailer. Sold the trailer though, other wise would send photos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts