Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, wife is riding trails with yesterday and Ace 570 starts to overheat.

Looking things over i notice that the fan is doing some weird stuff. It acts like it's shorting out. It barely turns then stops over and over.

We turn the key off and wait a while for the temp to drop. Start it up and it does okay. We start to head back to load up and leave. On the way back the fan comes on for a few seconds then stops..the temp goes up again we stop and then the fan starts bumping/shorting again. I check all the wires going to the fan and cant find any issues.

When i unplug the fan it quits shorting/bumping, then plug it in starts doing it again. It quits when temp comes down and the fan is not frozen.

Could it be the temp sensor? It definitely overheated engine because fan was not working. I think i saw 252. Wife says for sure she saw 243. Anyway i hope i didnt hurt the head gasketor warp the head.

Anyone had this issue? Temp sensor, fan, ecm, relay? Not sure what to check at this point. Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So searching through forums i read that there is a circuit breaker? That could explain the intermittent fan. Is it behind the seat in the fuse panel?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts