Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person in our group had this exact problem on his 570, the ace will go on limp mode and shut down, thinking its over heating.
the temp gauge says like 250 degrees and the temp light is on but the machine is nowhere hot. u can touch the radiator. even the motor isnt like radiating heat. I disconnected the battery and it cleared the issue.

this weekend on my ace 900 i had to disconet batery 4 times. the motor wasnt at all hot, we were cold cold place and i wasnt even running hard.

anyone with this issue?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolant level is fine,

it is not at all overheating, the electronics simply thinks its overheating, hi temp and temp light on, thus puting it in limp more or shutting down.
but the temp of engine/rad etc is all good.

i been in 105 degree riding few months ago with no issues, this weekend we were in the cold, 50's. wasnt also caused by riding hard, we were just riding normaly on a trail.

something is triggering it to think that its at 250+ degrees.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would start at the coolant sensor at the engine . Check the connection there . I would be curious to see what the temperature shows with the sensor unplugged?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant seem to find the coolant temp sensor in the motor. where is it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Exact thing happened today at idle. 195 to 250 degrees in a heartbeat. a few seconds later all ok. Would also like to know the location of the temp sensor to check connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts