Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Need to check this post by whatwasithinkin: http://www.aceforums.net/forum/18-ace-engine-drivetrain/5553-i-m-allowing-radiator-breath-little-lot-better.html He opened up the plastic around the rad & installed mesh behind the openings. Shows just how restricted the stock rad location is...nearly half blocked by the plastic alone! IMO, the only easiest way to get the best cooling.

Unless you're willing to relocate the rad onto the back, the only other way to get better cooling is to upgrade to 1" hoses. More coolant will give slightly better cooling as more time is needed to heat it each time the fan cools it, but without opening up the plastic not sure it will make much difference. I never see more than 80°C/176°F(high-speed) & 89°C/192°F(low speed), but my rad is in back in wide-open, unrestricted airflow with 1" hoses. Canada summers here are hot & very dry!

Even with more coolant, only good airflow will ever give the best cooling!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just install a fan override switch and be done with it...... i have 2 ace 570s..in the florida heat. ...never had a single issue with having the fan on for hours at a time..no blown motors...no dead batteries...temp very rarely gets above 195°..... easy install and under $20.00

·
Registered
102 Posts
My ace 570 is overheating. The fan comes on and cools the engine the first couple of times the engine gets hot. After a while the fan comes on but doesn't run long enough to cool. The fan will come on and run for a couple seconds and shut off. Then it will come on again maybe run a couple more seconds and stop again. Please any ideas on what could be causing this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
ok so i have been messing with my fan relay this weekend to see whats going on. i pulled the pins out of the fuse block for my fan relay so i could check relay functions, and what i found was i dont have a relay problem. like polar bear said they have a circuit breaker(15 amp) that supplies power to the relay (20 amp) i found the circuit breaker was tripping, causing my relay to loose power so then it cant power the fan. i pulled the circuit breaker out and installed a 20 amp fuse and no more intermittent fan problem. so in short if you have a problem with your fan not staying on long enough to effectively cool your machine pull that circuit breaker out and put a 20 amp fuse in its place and see if it still acts up.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thank you everyone for the feed back, can anyone please tell me where the fan relay is located. Can't seem to find it. Thank you
If its new take it to the dealer...that's what the warranty is for

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just install a fan override switch and be done with it...... i have 2 ace 570s..in the florida heat. ...never had a single issue with having the fan on for hours at a time..no blown motors...no dead batteries...temp very rarely gets above 195°..... easy install and under $20.00
do you have a parts list that you used to put in the over ride switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ace 570 is overheating. The fan comes on and cools the engine the first couple of times the engine gets hot. After a while the fan comes on but doesn't run long enough to cool. The fan will come on and run for a couple seconds and shut off. Then it will come on again maybe run a couple more seconds and stop again. Please any ideas on what could be causing this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I had this problem a few years ago and found that my fan circuit breaker was bad. Changed it out for a fuse and haven't had any more problems.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts