Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the camo! I would have first purchased a 2016 570 but Abernathy had NONE and no one really deals around home where $500 off MSRP is a GREAT DEAL!! But then, why would I buy a 570 SP (MSRP $9999) when I can get a 900 SP at $7994? Fuel mileage is not quite a deal breaker. Longer trail range is nice but I'm not that interested in fuel economy when I play. That concern is only for driving to work! Besides, having 2 RZR 800's I'm used to bad fuel mileage. At least with the ACE 900 I'll get some power for that fuel mileage!!
The Abernathy $7994 deal is what sealed the deal for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DAY # 1 ... Just took delivery tonight.
First impression ... Think its going to be a blast once I get all the correct parts,
which can be difficult on the 900sp.
I found this new 900sp at my local dealer.
They had already upgraded with Front and Rear Brush guards, Hard shell roof,
Front full windshield, Rear window, 3500# Polaris winch, LED Light bar and
Lower door panels. $10,740
I also decided I wanted to purchase the Glacier Pro Plow from Polaris.
They ordered the plow mount and it came in yesterday....went to install it today
and it did not fit due to the front sway bar which is only on the 2016 900sp.
They contacted Polaris and was told that the mounts are being produced and
will be sent in 2 weeks, although I just read a thread about that mount being delayed
several times since he purchased his Ace 900 in May. Keeping my fingers crossed on
it actually showing up.
I noticed a crack in one of the lower door panels when I first checked out the machine.
It also had a very poor fit......big gap at bottom which should have none.
They ordered a new panel and installed it before I picked it up today. The fit is acceptable
on this panel. The other sides fit was acceptable from the start. I will say though, they
seriously need to make them better for the cost of them.
I am thinking about the rear cargo storage unit it looks like it is a true fit and knowing
that, I couldn't see how that would work since the lexan window would restrict its use.
It just didn't seem right but according to Polaris that is the correct rear window.
Just happens that the dealer just built a 325 for the showroom. Compared the 325 with
my 900 and sure enough , the rear window panel fits the 325 perfectly but not the 900
due to the air box location on the 900's engine being right behind the seat.
They are putting an inquiry in with Polaris and I will see what answer I get but for now
they took off the $160 and I just left it there. I already found a correct fit rear panel
EMP (extreme metal products) makes one exclusively for the 900sp Part # 13137 and it
sells for $130 plus shipping.
Back to the Rear Cargo unit. I read that the unit for the 325 and 570 does not fit the 900
again due to the 900's airbox. Does anyone have the correct part number for the 900?
I am also still trying to figure out my best option for a rear view mirror. I have not put a
micrometer on the cross bar but believe its 1.5" in diameter and most mirrors have
1.75 brackets. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
DAY # 1 ... Just took delivery tonight.
First impression ... Think its going to be a blast once I get all the correct parts,
which can be difficult on the 900sp.
I found this new 900sp at my local dealer.
They had already upgraded with Front and Rear Brush guards, Hard shell roof,
Front full windshield, Rear window, 3500# Polaris winch, LED Light bar and
Lower door panels. $10,740
I also decided I wanted to purchase the Glacier Pro Plow from Polaris.
They ordered the plow mount and it came in yesterday....went to install it today
and it did not fit due to the front sway bar which is only on the 2016 900sp.
They contacted Polaris and was told that the mounts are being produced and
will be sent in 2 weeks, although I just read a thread about that mount being delayed
several times since he purchased his Ace 900 in May. Keeping my fingers crossed on
it actually showing up.
I noticed a crack in one of the lower door panels when I first checked out the machine.
It also had a very poor fit......big gap at bottom which should have none.
They ordered a new panel and installed it before I picked it up today. The fit is acceptable
on this panel. The other sides fit was acceptable from the start. I will say though, they
seriously need to make them better for the cost of them.
I am thinking about the rear cargo storage unit it looks like it is a true fit and knowing
that, I couldn't see how that would work since the lexan window would restrict its use.
It just didn't seem right but according to Polaris that is the correct rear window.
Just happens that the dealer just built a 325 for the showroom. Compared the 325 with
my 900 and sure enough , the rear window panel fits the 325 perfectly but not the 900
due to the air box location on the 900's engine being right behind the seat.
They are putting an inquiry in with Polaris and I will see what answer I get but for now
they took off the $160 and I just left it there. I already found a correct fit rear panel
EMP (extreme metal products) makes one exclusively for the 900sp Part # 13137 and it
sells for $130 plus shipping.
Back to the Rear Cargo unit. I read that the unit for the 325 and 570 does not fit the 900
again due to the 900's airbox. Does anyone have the correct part number for the 900?
I am also still trying to figure out my best option for a rear view mirror. I have not put a
micrometer on the cross bar but believe its 1.5" in diameter and most mirrors have
1.75 brackets. Any suggestions ?
The cross bar is 1.5". I bought a convex rear view mirror at bass pro shops that works perfect in my ace. They have them in the atv/utv accessory section and have different ones to fit 1.5,1.75, and 2 inch rollbars. It was cheap as well($25.00 canadian). They also sell side view mirrors but the mirror I bought tucks up nicely out of the way under the hard roof and gives you a good view behind you with-out being in the way. Quality is decent as well. Sorry, don't have a part# but maybe their website will have them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally got a full few days of trail riding in the ACE 900. My daughter was a little hesitant to take her ACE for a weekend ride near Mena, AR. Wolfpen was closed for the season but we wanted to check out some other areas with our Ouachita ATV Club map. Trails and roads were dusty but not as bad as we have seen before.

Day 1 - 61.8 miles from cabins to Bee Mountain.
Mostly dirt roads. Very scenic through the forest with the leaves still changing colors. Beautiful late afternoon sunset view from the lookout on top of Bee Mountain.

Day 2 - 81.9 miles from cabins to Fourche Mountain Trails.
Mostly dirt roads today to get to Fourche Moutain. Once we got to the trails the dirtbike with us could not climb some of the steep, loose rock trails. So after very little trail riding we had to head back. The day was getting short anyway. Once back at Wolfpen, we rode Trail 1 and 2, which were open, before calling it a day.

Day 3 - 52 miles from cabins to Little Missouri Falls and Little Colorado Trail.
Again due to Wolfpen closures we had to ride many miles of roads. Stopped at Little Missouri Falls for a bit, then headed to the Little Colorado Trail. That was an interesting and fun trail. Nice vista at end of trail.

The little ACE was a blast to ride for the weekend! This machine is more than capable of putting a permanent smile on you face. Plenty of power, good handling, and comfortable. Heat was not an issue since the temps were very nice and we were moving at a good pace all the time. The ACE will get a little squirrelly on loose gravel when turning. Just be careful. Drifting requires a very sensitive seat and quick steering. It is easy to over correct with the power steering. Basically you learn how to do a lot of steering with the throttle!

I'm unsure how I will be able to get back into the old RZR 800 after this weekend! Need my own ACE 900!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from Ohio

I just picked up a 2016 ace 900 SP with 700 miles can’t wait to get it out on the trail heading to Hatfield McCoy in September

21 - 27 of 27 Posts