Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be introducing someone to Evans Creek ORV Area near Carbonado, WA on Saturday.
He has a 570 SP. I'll be in my RZR, strut not fixed yet on the ACE.
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
420 Posts
So I'm thinking I could make it Saturday and I'm trying to get my buddy in bothell to go too....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could pick him up and share fuel costs with him.
Looking at snow levels, I'm pretty sure we won't have any at Evans Creek.

·
Registered
420 Posts
do we need a discovery pass, NW forest pass, or both for that area?
and the forest service website shows that area currently closed...open season april to october...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need a Forest Service pass. You can pick one up in Burnett, WA at the gas station on the way there for $5. You do not need a Discover Pass for this area.
The campground is closed. There is one trail segment that has gates and that sometimes closes seasonally depending on snow.
But the rest of it is open year round, and I doubt that gate is closed now because the snow level is higher than the ORV area.
If I am wrong, which is unlikely, we could go to Elbe or Tahuya instead so the day wouldn't be a complete bust.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm sure you are right...just wanted to ask in case you were off a month...lol
same thing with browns camp...camping is closed but trails are open

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, the plan is to meet at Chevron in Burnett at 10am Sat. I will need to know by tomorrow evening whether I'm picking up your buddy, it will affect how I load things up tomorrow night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

First post, too long on the side line.
So I believe I may be the person in Bothell that 70cyclone was mentioning. I have my own trailer n ride that's ready to roll, thanks for the offer on the ride Scoundrel.
After researching the Evans Creek trails I found that both the campground and trail system is closed till 4/1/15. I phoned the Forest Service Enumclaw office to verify, the ranger confirmed all trails are closed for another 3 weeks.

Respectfully,
Snuffy

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum!
The ride share offer was also to share fuel costs, but if you prefer to drive separately, that's fine.

I have been to Evans Creek about 8 - 10 times, a couple of them recently, during the "closed" period. Only the campground is closed. There aren't even any gates on most of the trails. there is one trail with gates on either end that can be closed seasonally, and it's a small segment of the whole system. I've never seen those gates closed in all of the times I have been there. I don't know who you talked to, but what they are telling people on the phone and what is actually happening are two different things.

However, if you are more comfortable, we could go to Tahuya instead. There are only about 10 miles of trails ride-able by an ACE, but it is still worth a trip. And it is definitely open year-round.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
The ride share offer was also to share fuel costs, but if you prefer to drive separately, that's fine.

I have been to Evans Creek about 8 - 10 times, a couple of them recently, during the "closed" period. Only the campground is closed. There aren't even any gates on most of the trails. there is one trail with gates on either end that can be closed seasonally, and it's a small segment of the whole system. I've never seen those gates closed in all of the times I have been there. I don't know who you talked to, but what they are telling people on the phone and what is actually happening are two different things.

However, if you are more comfortable, we could go to Tahuya instead. There are only about 10 miles of trails ride-able by an ACE, but it is still worth a trip. And it is definitely open year-round.
Thanks Scoundrel, Your insight is appreciated and trusted, I'm on-board. Thanks for the ride offer, just trying to break-in the trailer & dial in my hauling technique.
Count me in, picked up my NW forest pass today. I'll be at the Burnett Chevron at 10am tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts