Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I need to look into it myself. I wonder how the ITP dune stars would work as they run kind of skinny and seem to have a strong paddle to resist folding back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found 26x9x12 dune stars at atv.com for 94.00, wonder if the 32 hp ace has enough power to run those tires.

·
Registered
420 Posts
after reading some reviews the jury seems pretty split...some say they dig too much because they are skinny, other like them.
skat trak extremes are pretty much the paddle everyone swears by but I know they really like HP. I borrowed some and they are freakin awesome on my scrambler.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
found 26x9x12 dune stars at atv.com for 94.00, wonder if the 32 hp ace has enough power to run those tires.
I don't think the 32 HP ACE has enough power to really make any kind of sand duning a breathtaking experience.
Kinda fun to cruise around, perhaps, maybe even get a little bit of air on a small dune. (http://www.aceforums.net/forum/10-a...untain-eastern-washington-state.html#post4335)
But worth getting sand tires for? Wrong machine for the job, in my opinion.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i agree, wrong machine.
that being said paddle tires make so much difference, kind of like true mud tires. the difference between having some fun or constantly fighting it to just get around.
really depends how much time do you see yourself spend in sand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts