Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there isnt alot of performance upgrades out there for the 570 yet, and I'm wondering what some of your have tried and actually been happy with the money spent vs the power gained.
I live at 4500+ ft elevation and ride at altitudes up to 8500 ft as a norm. Being a bigger guy, 265lbs, and one who likes to play alot on my Ace, I often times wish I had a little more power. Dont get me wrong, I think the 570 has more than enough power to get you into trouble when your being stupid and not paying attention. But after racing cars for several years in my younger days, I miss having that power that you need to respect when ever you call on it.
With that being said, I'm wondering if I where to spend money on a Power Module, and or exhaust, how much of a difference have any of you guys that have done them noticed.
I'm also curious how many have tried the Polaris recommended clutch setup, mentioned in the owners manual, for higher elevation riding.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
80 Posts
sounds like you should have bought a 800 rzr or waited for the 900 trail rzr plenty of power in those and goodies galore. really haven't seen to much yet but I think once they start racing them the aftermarket will get going full force.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm getting my ace 570 next week. I want to install an powercommander 5 and other air intake. Also Looking for another exhaust. It's gonna be the full system from trinity racing or the full system from Big Guns exhausts. Is there somebody familiar with these Brands or has Some experience with it ? Here in europe its quite unknown.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a little FYI. After doing a lot of searching on the Power Commander 5 unit, the best deal I have been able to locate is at fuelmotousa.com.
So far I've only read and heard good things about the Power Commander and have decided that its gonna be the next purchase I make.
I dont know if there's anyone who's feelings will get hurt by me posting this or not but their price on the 19-029 unit is $319, and the auto tuner is $209.
If Im not spose to be posting things like this, I'm sorry and please remove it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I certainly don't mind seeing prices posted here on the forum. It gives us all an ideal of different values of items and best pricing throughout the country. We are all in this same barrel together, so the helpful information is good for all.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Posting prices found online for stuff is fine.
Selling an item you bought and no longer need is fine.
Selling multiple items for profit when you are not a Supporting Vendor is not OK.
Negotiating a great deal with a Supporting Vendor and then broadcasting to other forum users what you paid, who will then demand the same discounted price, is not OK.
It doesn't seem to me like it should be very hard to make that distinction, but some people struggle with it.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
It doesn't seem to me like it should be very hard to make that distinction, but some people struggle with it.
I find this forum easier to use than most because there are fewer moderators and therefore application of the rules is consistent.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ah, yes, I can see how having multiple moderators who interpret the rules differently and have different levels of "gatekeeper mentality" could create a tricky environment.
The way I see it, if you're trying to conduct a business on the forum, you need to be a Supporting Vendor. If you're having a garage sale or pointing out a good deal you saw, you don't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
il be installing a trinity pipe and pc 5 commander with the auto tune with in the next week or so. il keep you guys posted on the results

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
il be installing a trinity pipe and pc 5 commander with the auto tune with in the next week or so. il keep you guys posted on the results
I know its a little selfish of me to suggest this, but are you going to install both of them at the same time or are you gonna install one of them first so you can gauge the gains of each separately. I for one would be very interested to hear what your thought of each on their own is.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I curious on just what is needed
On the Power Commander site and it's listing 4 items.

The first two I understand should go together, and the 3rd one analizes the exhaust, does that make much difference? and the POD shows you what is happening if you're into that stuff?

Available Product/s and Accessories

Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition)
Part Number: 19-029
Price: $ 399.95

AutoTune (Single Channel)
Part Number: AT-200
Price: $ 279.99

]PCV Map Switch
Part Number: 76100011
Price: $ 49.95

POD-300
Part Number: POD-300
Price: $ 249.99

and the Big Gun exhaust:
12-7323_1.-228x228.jpg

So should it be a package or it just increases with items 3-5... sensor to the exhaust pipe.

interesting..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jay,
I have installed a CommanderV and Auto Tune with O2 sensor and a Trinity stage 5 exhaust system. The result is very impressive. I don't ride above 4,000 ft but if I did the Auto Tune will adjust the mapping of the ECU through the Commander. I have heavy 26" Rip Saw tires, bumpers, EPS, winch, box, and hard top and this 570 has some real ass to it.
This Ace is fast. You would be more than happy with the additional power. It amazed me. I have no way of knowing the exact HP added but it feels like 10-12.
The down side.....it's very loud. Obnoxiously loud and I'm half deft. On clean dry asphalt it will light up the tires for 15'. It feels like I installed a supercharger. I have a 2013 RZR800LE with the same setup. But only a slip on exhaust upgrade and the Ace far outperforms the RZR.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have to wonder what that kind of power does to longevity of the motor, clutch, and basically all of the drive train components.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The result is very impressive. I don't ride above 4,000 ft but if I did the Auto Tune will adjust the mapping of the ECU through the Commander. I have heavy 26" Rip Saw tires, bumpers, EPS, winch, box, and hard top and this 570 has some real ass to it.
This Ace is fast. You would be more than happy with the additional power. It amazed me. I have no way of knowing the exact HP added but it feels like 10-12.
The down side.....it's very loud. Obnoxiously loud and I'm half deft. On clean dry asphalt it will light up the tires for 15'. It feels like I installed a supercharger. I have a 2013 RZR800LE with the same setup. But only a slip on exhaust upgrade and the Ace far outperforms the RZR.
Norman, I'm glad to hear about your results, but a little disappointed too as its starting to look like I'm gonna have to start putting in a little more overtime for a while so I can justify spending the extra money. I'd also like to do a 2" lift and wheel spacers so my shopping list is starting to add up pretty quickly. Guess I'm going to plan on the step by step approach to getting it all done.

Scoundrel, I've also considered the wear and tear on the machine and not just the tires. After racing cars for years I know what its like to constantly replace and upgrade parts. Thats kinda one of the reasons I got out of racing, that and it wasn't as much fun for the money and time spent anymore. I pretty much spend most of my time up in the mountains here anymore and therefore am fully enjoying my Ace at this time so I'm sure its going to turn into a slightly less expensive money pit for me, but a money pit non the less. Thats why this forum and its member to me are a fantastic resource.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Jay,
I have installed a CommanderV and Auto Tune with O2 sensor and a Trinity stage 5 exhaust system. The result is very impressive. I don't ride above 4,000 ft but if I did the Auto Tune will adjust the mapping of the ECU through the Commander. I have heavy 26" Rip Saw tires, bumpers, EPS, winch, box, and hard top and this 570 has some real ass to it.

10-12 hp on a one cylinder engine sounds mighty optimistic, I mean that's the same amount of hp increase from the 330 to the 570 without adding a single cc to the motor, with just a change in tunes and a loud exhaust. I hope you like it, as for me I'll use that kind of money somewhere it's needed, because I didn't buy a Race Ace but a woods ace, and you sure don't need that kind of power in the woods,( that is if your actually getting 10-12 hp) which I seriously doubt. Most times the butt dyno is way off Enjoy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Vandal,
I know it sounds far fetched but the added power and performance is outstanding. I really didn't think the electronics and exhaust would make this much difference.
I'm a trail rider not a racer, but the increased performance is a lot more fun. Except for the noise which I'm going to baffle somehow.
Norm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vandal,
I know it sounds far fetched but the added power and performance is outstanding. I really didn't think the electronics and exhaust would make this much difference.
I'm a trail rider not a racer, but the increased performance is a lot more fun. Except for the noise which I'm going to baffle somehow.
Norm
did you get a quite core with you pipe?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts