Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So stoked that I finally got a hold of one. The SP apparently is hard to come by here in the PNW. I got a good deal from Columbia River Honda that i'm pretty happy with. They didn't have one on hand but they worked a dealer swap with a shop about 100 miles away and had it brought down. They didn't have the nerf bars or the overhead bag in yet, but they are gonna drop ship them to me later this week. Now to get up to Browns Camp next week and have some fun!

My deal was $11000 out the door for:
570 SP
Front / Rear Polaris brush guards
Poly roof
Nerf Bars
Overhead storage bag
License/shipping/etc

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I rarely need the winch but when I do, I am sure glad it's there.
Of course, if you never ride alone, and carry a tow rope, a winch might not be needed.

Unless you took a little side trip to check something out, got stuck, and the guy you are riding with has a stereo and is listening to Johnny Cash and does not notice you haven't come back yet. :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
You betcha... heheh, Gawd....
Johnny Cash never sounded so loud... funny, and I will remember it...
But I was really just about ready to walk down there, slide down would have been more like it...

Winches...
I consider them like fire extinguishers...
You don't nee them..
Till you NEED them.. just makes sense.. Had mine for a year, never used it..
Didn't have too.. I had Johnny Cash... obliterates everything... funny..

Get the winch.. 3500# poly rope..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
the Ace does well at browns camp...you will have fun with it there :ride:
Hey, when do you want to lead a Browns Camp ride?
Is it worth a 250-mile one-way trip for me to go there?
Is there overnight camping including a place big enough for a toy hauler?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey, when do you want to lead a Browns Camp ride?
Is it worth a 250-mile one-way trip for me to go there?
Is there overnight camping including a place big enough for a toy hauler?
i need to plan something huh...
I think so but its not going to get you lots of hard technical riding. lots of trails and the Ace will fit any gates/bridges that I have found.
Yes, looks like the typical April to Oct camp open dates

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
After that much street driving to get there, take-it-easy dirt riding will be fine. But is there enough of it to keep us busy for a couple of 4-hour rides?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah. Browns has something to the tune of 110 miles of trails. I've gone a full day and barely hit 20 miles.
As far as a toy hauler goes, you should be able to get a spot at the campground depending on the season. It would be best if you had someone you know in the site next to you so that you could fudge into that site as well. There's a new "group camp" for this year as well. Here's a link to the ODF website: Oregon Department of Forestry - Tillamook State Forest Browns Camp - Off-Highway-Vehicle (OHV) Campground and Staging Area

brownscamp 640x433.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts