3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help deciding between:
2015 570 with 70 miles light use $5,000
2016 900 never titled brand new $7,400

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does the 2015 have any extras. The difference IMO on a 570 and 900 as far as power. 900 would win in a drag race. I have a 2015 570 and ride trails with friends that ride 900’s and 1000’s and I stay right with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the 2015 have any extras. The difference IMO on a 570 and 900 as far as power. 900 would win in a drag race. I have a 2015 570 and ride trails with friends that ride 900’s and 1000’s and I stay right with them.
The 570 comes with a roof only. Otherwise same equipment.. Yes I’ve read several reviews that are closer than they should be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you must consistently travel 80+ miles between fuel stops, the 570 is a better choice.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Now the add ons will begin!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 570 ACE and a 900 Rzr trail. My friend has both a 570 and 900 ACE.

The 900 ACE has a slightely better suspension and the power difference is noticeable. The huge hit in gas mileage is also noticeable. The 570 gets around 25 mpg. The 900 ACE and 900 Rzr get around 15 mpg. It can be a problem for the ACE because it only has a 5 gallon tank where the Rzr has a 10 gallon tank. While the 900 ACE and Rzr have identical motors - the ACE is detuned to only put out 60 hp where the Rzr puts out 75 hp or 80 with an after market tuned exhaust. Polaris will not tell you how they detuned the ACE motor and my friend that has one, has been unable to find any info elsewhere.

I went to the 14 inch wheels and tires that are on the 1000 cc Rzr. I have no problems with power and I love the added clearance. My friend with the 900 ACE liked the idea and did the same - but had to modify his hubs. He found out that 60 hp is simply not enough power to run those tires. Riding trails he now has to run in low range due to the lower hp of the ACE.

I use my 570 for friends only. It will get me any place I want to go and as fast - except on back country paved roads. I prefer the Rzr because the SxS simply has a completely different feel that I really prefer - and I can take a lady friend on rides with me.

I like going on longer rides with back country top speeds that seldom top 40 mph. For me I would pick the 570 with only 70 miles and a nice set of Maxxis Bighorn tires over the 900 ACE. They are a nice all terrain tire. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a couple of gallons of their green Goop for tires and put a quart in each tire. I have ridden in areas that had brush with needle thorns that easily poke holes in tires. The Goop keeps my tires sealed against such things.

Don't forget to move your voltage regulator no matter which machine you pick. I posted a picture of what I did. I mounted it in front of the back tire. A tiny amount of welding is required. If you don't, it will get caked with mud and dirt and burn out on you. My mounting modification allowed me to simply re-route the factory wires. No extensions necessary.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a video floating around one of the forums or youtube where a Polaris engineer is interviewed about the Ace 900 or maybe it was the 900 Prostar lineup. He claimed the main "detuning" techniques were rev limiters and only allowing the throttle body to open 60 - 65%. The cam profile is shared with the Ranger 900.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts