Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What harness is the best? I'm looking at getting a harness because the stock belt pulls on my hips a little which causes discomfort. I'm hoping the harness will transfer some weight to my shoulders.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a SaBelt 4 point Harness in my Ace. Its ok, there is no padding, and it is a seatbelt style locking system. A few guys I ride with have the Crow Harness and they like them a lot, and some others have the ProArmor and again they like them. Im thinking of Switching to the ProArmor ones myself if I keep my Ace, they look to be the most comfortable. The Main thing is get your seat position and steering wheel correct before you dial in the adjustment on your harness. Ideally you want to be able to cross your wrists and have them rest on the top of the steering wheel with out having to lean forward. Then You can dial in the harness accordingly

·
Registered
131 Posts
Vinny I have the Pro Armor 3" setup and have been very pleased so far. Lots of room for adjustment in all directions as well.
Let me know if you need pics or have questions

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did the .50 Cal 4 point and am very pleased with the comfort. The install and fitment was very easy. There are numerous times where I don't use the upper part of the harness as I still feel a need to counterbalance myself like I am driving a "normal" atv but that is personal choice. My wife has the same on hers but always utilizes all 4 points and she absolutely loves the comfort and the secure feeling it gives her. for $100 and multiple color options I think it is a solid deal!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I did the .50 Cal 4 point and am very pleased with the comfort. The install and fitment was very easy. There are numerous times where I don't use the upper part of the harness as I still feel a need to counterbalance myself like I am driving a "normal" atv but that is personal choice. My wife has the same on hers but always utilizes all 4 points and she absolutely loves the comfort and the secure feeling it gives her. for $100 and multiple color options I think it is a solid deal!!
Can you please take a pic of how you attached the harness to the roll bar please?? I'm assuming you remove the metal bracket with the hole in it??

·
Registered
85 Posts
It'll take me a bit as I gave up my photobucket account and haven't posted pics online since but sure. Ill see what I can do once I get home. I didn't remove the metal bracket though. The way I intertwined the straps I needed the bracket to help lock everything into place. Unless you are talking about the original seatbelt bracket in which case I left that on the rollcage and just haven't used it since.

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Technology

Reactions: Vinny

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Installed the .50 caliber 4 point today. They were sold out of the 2" so they gave me the 3" for the same price. It went well. I didn't want to cut into any plastic so I made a bracket to bolt to once I removed the latch (right side "passenger"). My harness came with other mounting clips that I removed because I did not need them. Here are a few pictures. When removing the seatbelt it rolled all the way up and I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to get it back in working order if I so choose. I would recommend clipping the old belt so it doesn't roll up too far. So far I like the harness. I love how it always turns the pictures upside down.
Light Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Tire Vehicle Wheel Carbon Car seat

Bracket to avoid cutting into plastic. 1/4" THICK 1.0625 WIDE with 1/2" holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it from the company who makes them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting...

I had a Dragon fire 4 point on the XP and liked it a lot..

I was thinking of a 5-point for the ACE and now I see a 6-point? strap around each thigh... I mean, you're strapped in Baby.. heheh..
Maybe a little too much but right now, i'm going with the 5-point, Dragon if they have it. Dealer will attach it, I haven't a clue...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fpoole,

I cant speak for the 5 point but the 4 point came with pretty clear instructions and only took me about an hour to install in mine. I would say I'm moderately mechanically inclined.

I think the 5 point would be a little more challenging as I imagine the 5th center harness strap may interfere with the seat removal but not sure...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks Phins,
It might be a little too much, but installing? heheh, I'll leave that to the dealer, not "Inclined" at all..
Thanks for the "heads-up" on the 5-point...

A work in progress to be sure...

fun..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I've used this harness several times now and like it a lot. On the slow narrow trails I sometimes unbuckle the top straps to allow for more movement. I think it is much more comfortable then the narrow factory belt.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks Phins,
It might be a little too much, but installing? heheh, I'll leave that to the dealer, not "Inclined" at all..
Thanks for the "heads-up" on the 5-point...

A work in progress to be sure...

fun..
I have a 5 point and wonder where they bolted the lower middle strap ?
Did the dealer get it installed ?
Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a 5 point and wonder where they bolted the lower middle strap ?
Did the dealer get it installed ?
Thanks
Polaris Dealer installed, but it's just bolted to the base under the seat, right on the front flat part. Between the two seat rails, bolted to the frame.

Hope that helps..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts