Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for over a month for the Plow Control kit to arrive, I got it installed today. The four buttons on the shift lever controls the winch for raising and lowering and then the hydraulic unit for the direction of the blade. The kit came with a "Y harness" that allows me to control the winch from the shift lever or the corded switch plugged into the dash.

The Ace is a great machine for plowing! Before I installed this I just used the manual adjustment for the blade angle and plowed about a foot of snow on New Years day. Worked great!

·
Registered
552 Posts
i wish we got enough snow to buy one. I would have a blast plowing.
I agree, It would be a lot of fun plowing with the ACE but we get too much snow. Friday I moved a 44" drift from my driveway. I have a 52" blower on my Kubota and got it stuck in the process. ha ha (Only need to shovel to get it out).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both Polaris Items. The Plow Angle Control Kit is Part Number 2879635, which works with the Glacier Pro ATV Plow System, Part Number 2879630. The Plow Control kit for the shifter is Part Number 2880836. That one took over a month to come in from my dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, It would be a lot of fun plowing with the ACE but we get too much snow. Friday I moved a 44" drift from my driveway. I have a 52" blower on my Kubota and got it stuck in the process. ha ha (Only need to shovel to get it out).
Vinny, I saw the video of your snow! And yes, that is way too much to plow!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I missed this thread, this is the setup I would like to install on my Ace to replace a very aged compact tractor and an even older garden tractor I currently use for snow removal. I would also add the canvas cab to keep the weather somewhat at bay. I really like the power angle option and the shifter mounted controls even though a bit spendy, how well has that been working out, any problems with it? What size blade, is it a 60"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I missed this thread, this is the setup I would like to install on my Ace to replace a very aged compact tractor and an even older garden tractor I currently use for snow removal. I would also add the canvas cab to keep the weather somewhat at bay. I really like the power angle option and the shifter mounted controls even though a bit spendy, how well has that been working out, any problems with it? What size blade, is it a 60"?
It's the Glacier 60" plow from Polaris. The control is pricy but very happy with it so far. It's nice to change the angle of the plow without having to get out of the cab. Expecting 8 to 10 inches of snow this weekend so will be out in it. I've considered the canvas cab as well, but it's right at $700.00. I did add the EMP front windshield and that helped keep some wind and blowing snow out while plowing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sure is a nice setup, congrats! I am planning on equipping the Ace to take over most of the snow removal duties here so I am going to need the plow, a small blade on the back to pull snow away from buildings, and a blower setup for those snows that are a bit much to push. I am currently using an old compact tractor, an even older garden tractor and a Jeep to do things now and its time to modernize and cut down on the number of machines in the shed that basically just sit around most of the year, the Ace will be able to be used year round to work and play.

Hmmm I was all set on the cab whether it was the Polaris one or a home construct but reading and typing this has made me think about visibility and how a cab generally lessens visibility and just having wind screens on the front and back along with some better clothing might be the way to go? I'll have to think more on that one I guess.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very sweet setup. This is what I want to end up with eventually. How involved is the process of attaching and removing the plow with the hydraulic control ?

Also, it appears that the plow extends out quite a bit farther than a plow without the hydraulic control. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this thread is a bit older but instead of starting a new one forgive maybe you could help. I just purchased the two parts you did, 4 button shifter control and actuator from Polaris. I have a 2015 ace with polarize 2500hd winch, can you tell me where these plugs are located in the machine, or does it show it with the accompanying instructions. Nowhere on the net can I find it, in fact Polaris doesn’t list either of these parts for the ace 570 on their website under accessories but it’s clear they are for this machine and the sportsman atv. Rather than search and take apart the entire machine I was hoping you could help. My winch has a socket next to the AWD rocker switch where I plug a hand controller in. I have not investigated under the dash, or where to get the power to the actuator and running wires to the shifter knob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts