Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a Ace 570. Put 100 miles on it so far. I noticed a jurk and clunk anytime I put it in gear. Took the clutch cover off and when the machine is at idle in neutral or park the belt is turning. I know its not supposed to. Its not the primary bearing because I can grab the belt and stop it. Im thinking maybe a clutch alignment issue? Anyone else have this problem? Great machine other than this one problem.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't know about the 570, but my 325 idles at 1250-1300, and does not jerk when I put it in gear.
It's possible the wrong belt got put in, or it's a bad belt.
Or it could just be a break-in thing that would smooth out, though I don't remember mine doing that.

Any road, I suggest you ask your dealer to have a look, if they're close. Get it documented early.

·
Registered
420 Posts
secondary not closing all the way maybe? Based on what you are describing, can you roll the belt through both clutches with everything stopped?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Secondary is closing all the way. I can grab the belt and stop it. Has to be an alignment problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I think I have solved my belt and clutch problem. After lots of thought I took the Ace factory belt off and put on my spare gates belt I have for my 1K RZR. Worked like a charm Engages quick, everything stops when you let off the gas. Im going to run it a while and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Glad you got it running. Since it's so new, might be worth taking back to the dealer and having them see if Polaris will warranty the belt.
It's a consumable part so they might not.
But since it was wrong right off the bat, they might.
Or your dealer might step up and do it for you even if Polaris won't.

If it was me, even if the dealer didn't take care of me, I'd want to know if I just had a bad belt or what so I would order up another ACE belt for testing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts