Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two ACE 900 SP machines for my daughters and they are a PAIN to tie down coolers or anything in the cargo bed area. Over the past couple years I've been designing and fabricating with outside help accessories for my Honda Talon. Through all my tinkering I've designed a couple of mounts for the Milwaukee Packout System boxes for the Talon. Only recently have I decided to transfer that design to an ACE packout mount. This has been a challenge because of the small size of the ACE cargo bed. During the design I've developed two versions of the cargo mount. One will hold one half size Packout box and the other can be used to tie down anything in the cargo bed. Both of these mounts will bolt down to the 4 bolts in the cargo bed corners.

Currently I'm going through the fit test phase of this design. Once verified to fit correctly then I'll be able to take orders for these.

Rectangle Circuit component Font Pattern Metal

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the hybrid version to accept a Milwaukee packout cooler or use anchor points to strap items down. Packouts are just too convenient to not use!

Rectangle Jewellery Font Metal Fashion accessory

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First test pieces are made to check bolt-in fit on the ACE.
The Milwaukee packout cooler fits perfectly in it's place.

Rectangle Font Gas Pattern Metal

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The both fit well. The holes for the mounting bolts were a little tight but obviously worked. I've revised the cad model for slotted holes on future makes for some fit forgiveness. I won't be able to get more
made until after the holidays.

These are laser cut, CNC bent and powder coated by a local metal shop per my CAD drawings.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Hood

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wheel

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Milwaukee packout boxes are SO CONVENIENT to not have to strap them down! I love the cooler! My kids can get drinks out and I don't have to worry about the cooler being secured.
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Hood Gas

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts