Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm still amazed at how well this little thing crawled! I thought for sure it would feel tippy, but it wasn't at all. After only a few minutes in the drivers seat it made me feel confident in the platform and I wasn't worried about it's stability at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, are we really serious here? My grandma could walk up that hill! Sandy, really? Lets see some real hills with rocks and ledges then Ill be impressed! Who rides trial like that?

·
Registered
348 Posts
That was low range and it's WAY more steep then it looks. The girl needed a hand down and you kind of hand to slide down if you wanted to go back to the bottom. I would say that maybe only 10% of people that attend this off road park even attempt this obstacle, if even that many.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toss in all of that loose rock,sand,and dirt on a hill that steep,with small ledges,and dip spread out across its face,and it would be a challenge to most any vehicle,and driver..Too bad Polaris beat me to the sit down single seater atv..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could be the 2 dimensional view of the video that is giving a false perception. Also in most cases they don't look too high till you get to the top looking down.LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
That was low range and it's WAY more steep then it looks. The girl needed a hand down and you kind of hand to slide down if you wanted to go back to the bottom. I would say that maybe only 10% of people that attend this off road park even attempt this obstacle, if even that many.
Some aggressive engine braking in locked low gears will help. The last thing you want in the decent is your brakes especially if there is mud.
Unlike on an atv where you can just use the back brakes, the Ace's brake pedal will lock all four wheels. and you can't shift your weight to the back, the danger of your backend coming over your head is very real.

Going up that hill, momentum is your best friend. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah it really does! I went over some really large rock obstacles and it never scraped the skid plate. Should short enough to be able to keep a tire on all the high points :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks pretty stable going up that hill. my dealer said late feb before he gets his in so i can test drive one . polaris only let them order 5 total . is that sound right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts