Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brand new bars never installed. wont work with the doors sold on here. make an offer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can you tell if they sit lower than the bottom of the Ace? Just don't want to lose any clearance underneath.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have Kevans full doors on my ace with the polaris nerf bars, it only takes a couple of minor cuts with a small disc to make them fit. cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont they sit lower I dont want to lose any clearance. I havent even took them out of the box.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes they do sit a hair lower, but that's to protect the plastic rocker panel. A couple of people on here have already had that panel damaged. It is designed to take the hit instead of the rest of the area. Let it do it's job. cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer I think I will just keep them, dont want to lose that much money

·
Registered
54 Posts
xp413 if you have your doors on the ace, assemble the driver side nerf bar bolts & put them in the holes on the ace & mark the trim metal where it hits the door support. Two 1in cuts & bend the tab under, done. Passenger side, one 1/2in cut done. It should only 20 min of your time. cheers

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes they do sit a hair lower, but that's to protect the plastic rocker panel. A couple of people on here have already had that panel damaged. It is designed to take the hit instead of the rest of the area. Let it do it's job. cheers
I've trashed my left rocker panel once and my right one twice. The first time I melted it back together. This time I'm going to get out the tiny drill bit and baling wire, and just sew the damn things up. When they get bad enough I'll replace them @ $40 each.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Scoundrel, my brother called it the 'Frankenstein' repair, drill the holes but use zip strips in 'X' patterns to sew together. Let me know I txt you pics of my 4wheeler

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've seen that done. My preference will be to drill very small holes and use baling wire, which I will spray paint to keep it from rusting.
I've already ripped out my plastic weld job on another trail. And cracked the other side too. Poor design on those rocker panels, for sure.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
xp413 if you have your doors on the ace, assemble the driver side nerf bar bolts & put them in the holes on the ace & mark the trim metal where it hits the door support. Two 1in cuts & bend the tab under, done. Passenger side, one 1/2in cut done. It should only 20 min of your time. cheers
Passenger side ??????

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Rubber mallet and impact wrench. Even so, it helps to have a second person with you and have them seated perfectly.

The key is to have them threaded as much as you can without overlap. Use the mallet to seat them, and the second person to keep them seated, then an impact wrench to set them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts