Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the canvas cab from Polaris. The doors close nice and seal up pretty good. The bottom of the windshield could seal up better and in the back behind the seat. No one makes a heater just for the ace that I know of. I bought a maradyne floor mount cab heater off of amazon for $150. I made a mount that clamps to the roll bar overhead. I had to remove my over head storage bag but it was worth it. The heater is 13,00 btu and it keeps the windows defrosted and I am able to plow snow in a sweatshirt with no gloves or hat and it was 10 below outside. The heater runs 5/8 heater hose line that you have to buy. The ace has 3/4 hose on it that I tied into for the return. Which is right by the thermostat. The inlet for the heater I tied into the 1-1/8" coming out of the motor just under the shift linkage behind the seat. It does neck down to 3/4 but it is a tight spot to get into. I had some trouble getting the air out of the system cause it is higher than the radiator cap. I recommend filling the system slowly through the top of the heater hose till both lines are full for heater hose and antifreeze is coming out of radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry when I said antifreeze coming out of radiator for filling it should be out of heater core. The radiator cap has to be on when filling system.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Sounds like you know what you are doing, but worth mentioning the dangers of improperly venting exhaust into an enclosed space.

I am sure everyone is aware of the danger, but may underestimate the lethality of it.

Please be careful if you are attempting. Any info OP has greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mungo there is no exhaust fumes coming into the cab. The only thing that heats the heater is coolant from the motor before it gets to the radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love this approach, function/comfort before looks

just wondering about your canvas doors. they seem to lay against the vertical flap of the roof. are they waterproof this way? one would expect the flap to go over the doors so the rain will skid over the door instead of resting between the roof and the door, and waiting for a time to get into the cab

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about that too. There is kind of a drip rail on the edge of the roof to keep rain from running in the top of door. Have not had it in the rain but i bet it won't be that bad in the rain. There is a bar in the canvas roof that door go against. The doors do rest against and not under the roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in the process of installing a heater over head like you did. Did you install a electric boost pump to help the coolant circulate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts