Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else spent SO much time on Polaris' website that they've offered you coupons?

It's happened or me twice now. I will be on there for my fifth time that day browsing specs and all of a sudden a pop-up will appear and say something like, "this doesn't happen everyday but here's a special coupon for you!". Then I enter my email address and they send me a printable coupon!

Pretty cool. The first one is for $250 in "Polaris Engineered Accessories" (with the purchase of a new Ace, RZR or Ranger). And the second one I got is for a free 1-year extended service contract "up to $715 value" (again, with the purchase of a new Ace, RZR or Ranger).

Am I really special? Or is polaris just f-ing with me? Hahahaha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did I got a 2 extended service for ace or razer I asked the dealer about it and he did not know anything about it, I went back to the site the next day to down load the information and the site was blanked out for that coupon. does any body know how to get the information on the coupon?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me they simply popped up on Polaris' website...Usually after I've been on the site ALOT in one day.

Both times (so far) the printed coupon has had an expiration date and a unique "coupon ID" code, as well as instructions for the dealer on redemption procedures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm. I'm not sure. If you didn't print it originally then maybe they've "closed the window" so to speak, which they do in order to prevent people from making multiple copies. I know when I pulled mine up the screen prompted me that I only have two opportunities to view coupon, so I printed it imediately to keep. Since you still have the coupon ID I would suggest emailing or calling Polaris. I would assume they'd simply resend you the link in order to get your business!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey fellas, got rid of my commander a while ago and now I'm looking at the ace 570. The website says no hill decent, and I asked if it had engine braking and was told probably not.
Not the answer I was hoping for. My family has property upstate NY and some very steep long downhill logging roads. All I really need is for the machine to stay in gear and crawl down the mountain, so if any of you that have one can answer this question for me, I would really appreciate it.
An older Kwai prairie 400 we had would go into neutral when you brake and became dangerously out of control on some parts of the steeper downhills..
Thanks
Anthony

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Your dealer is to lazy to find out the correct answer, which would concern me on any thing else he does. The Polaris Rep for the UT region told me that YES, it is available as an add on for around $800, however IMO, it is not needed. I put mine in H and it will keep the belt engaged 95% of the time on any downhill descent. Riding here in southern AZ, there are some very steep descents on rocks and shale and I have never felt the need for any thing else to control the machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks mungo, I'm aware of the upgrades the SP has, but I don't really like black, I'm partial to the blue.
Texan, also thank you for the info, but I'm curious to know about the 5% that it doesn't stay in gear....what makes it come out of gear and in what types of situations would it come out of gear ??
Also my dealer wasn't very familiar with the bike and would get me any info I want, but left it at waiting until his spring riding event so I could take it for a ride and see for myself. I've gotten several machines from him and he's been very helpful..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Thanks mungo, I'm aware of the upgrades the SP has, but I don't really like black, I'm partial to the blue.
Texan, also thank you for the info, but I'm curious to know about the 5% that it doesn't stay in gear....what makes it come out of gear and in what types of situations would it come out of gear ??
Also my dealer wasn't very familiar with the bike and would get me any info I want, but left it at waiting until his spring riding event so I could take it for a ride and see for myself. I've gotten several machines from him and he's been very helpful..
Welcome to the forum!

I have the 325 (The Texan does too), and I find that if I blip the throttle to engage the belt, it does a great job of slowing the machine down.
On medium steepness hills, high gear is fine. On steeper hills, low gear works well.
If you slow down too much, the belt disengages. When that happens, it freewheels until you blip the throttle enough to hump the belt back onto the pulleys.

I ride on some pretty hilly stuff, but occasionally I find a hill that will overcome the engine's ability to slow it down, and then I use the brakes to slow down some.
Sometimes when I do that (if I have skidded too much) the belt disengages and I have to blip the throttle again.
I'd rather have control of exactly how much engine braking goes on, but then I have not ridden a Polaris unit with their flavor of EB so maybe I don't know what I am missing.

Coming from a Commander, I can see how you would be concerned about engine braking. That's a heavy machine.
The ACE is 400 lbs lighter, and many people feel that engine braking is not necessary.
Others insist that it's worth the extra dosh for that feature.

If you buy the 570 SP Black Pearl, and some Voodoo Blue plastics, I'll buy your Black Pearl plastics and pay for shipping. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not to steer anyone away from an Ace purchase on a dedicated Ace thread but have you looked at Honda's new Pioneer 500? It's got a five-speed tranny (not belt driven) with paddle shifters and MSRP is under 9k. With this unit you have complete control over the transmission and can use it to your advantage when climbing or descending. Just a thought. I wanted to get one but alas my fat belly doesn't fit behind the wheel! The unit does not have a tilt steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.